Kwintin Williams Tweet | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what did the inntial tweet say - it wont load for me?
“I love basketball so much,” Williams wrote. “These past two years have been a real reality check for me. I appreciate everyone in my life who has been a 100 percent honest with me about my talent level and where I’ll end up career wise.”

Reaction Score
He never actually said he was leaving but one could certainly infer it that way.....all in all the tweet was a terrible idea on his part.

C

Chief00

I think he has been very forthright with KW, and KW’s tweet is basically thanking Coach Hurley for being honest with him.
Agree. KW had a great bench attitude yesterday - detected no bad attitude or resentment. To some extent the KW thing (LOL whatever it is?) was going to happen with or without Akok. Hurley is recruiting well and needs to load up.
KW is a First Night phenomenon and that is great for the Casual Fans but it looks like Coach Hurley (KW’s Super Bowl comment) and Chief are on the same page.
The bottom line is we are losing the team’s two best players against good competition - Jalen Adams and Cobb. So just to stay even he needs a lot of talented dudes.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Poor dude. We forget how young these guys are. Dude put what he thought was a nice message of self reflection out there and it blows up. Did one of our beat guys really cover this? That's disappointing.

Reaction Score
Like many posters on this board I don't get the whole Yakwe infatuation. No reason KW couldn't absorb some of those minutes. If it's over I hope he goes to a league where he can double double and be a contributor.
Unfortunately KW has no lateral quickness and opponents easily blow by him. Yakwe's problem is he has stone hands. I;d rather see Whaley and Diarra get those minutes.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I never had twitter and never will. It allows people to impulsivly blurt out things that they later regret making public.

Fortunately, you have The Boneyard where some fans believe it is appropriate to label members of the team they root for as "awful" and "suck(ing)" with no sensitivity whatsoever that their doing so is awful and sucks.

Reaction Score
Fortunately, you have The Boneyard where some fans believe it is appropriate to label members of the team they root for as "awful" and "suck(ing)" with no sensitivity whatsoever that their doing so is awful and sucks.

Amen to that. People are dumping on the kid, seemingly believing (?) their comments are private, while in the next breath stating how nice a kid he seems to be.
We had many players in the 80's that weren't Big East caliber, and we fans reflected on it at Gaetano's after the games, but (thank the lord) no one had the ability at that time to shout out all this vitriol to the world.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I don’t understand how Whaley became “awful”. He’s far from awful.
I believe the term for the limited minutes he has had so far should be “serviceable”. He’s a four year player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They shouldn't take his scholarship away.

He's a great kid.

He's not a good enough basketball player to be here or really near any good D1 program

He's taking up space, basically.

Anyone who thinks he's a professional anything needs to smack their head off a wall a few times just to make sure basic things in their brain are still firing.

I would be willing to bet you $$ right now that Kwintin Williams makes money playing basketball in some capacity, whether its overseas or in a Globetrotter type capacity. There IS a spot on a roster somewhere for a 6'7" guy with his jumping and dunking ability.
Boo Willingham played professionally for many years overseas and he did virtually nothing at UConn averaging 1 point per game for his college career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let’s not overplay a couple of inappropriate comments on KW. Like to see him get a degree.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every team has players who don't play. Kwintin is that guy here, and I think he realizes why. Might have gotten some minutes at a lower level program. Nobody is pulling a scholarship, it's just the musings of a college kid.

Whaley is a piece, but he relies on his leaping ability and hurt his ankle. I don't think he's 100%. With Sid in now, and Polley playing mostly 4, there's not a lot left. Diarra will consume even more of those minutes at the 4 when he returns.

Yawke is mostly the 3rd center off the bench, not a 4. It's not like he's playing a ton, and Whaley is really not big/strong enough to play center against anything other than very small teams. Arizona is not that, so it wasn't a game where he was going to see much time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
God I hate Twitter.

Especially for kids. They've got so many damn emotions and half the brain cells, and therefore say the stupidest things. It's a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom