Kudos to the Seton Hall fan base | The Boneyard

Kudos to the Seton Hall fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was at the Seton Hall game four years ago at the same arena, and it was a very different place last night. Close to packed, and the fans were very engaged. The cheerleaders were greeting people at the door, and the entire men's basketball team showed up in support. The opening 20 points would be a challenge to any crowd, but when Seton Hall scored, there crowd was loud (I confess even I cheered for the firsts score).
The team was never in the game in terms of a chance to compete, but the crowd did a great job of staying engaged.

Reaction Score
I have to admit this was a tough game to watch all the way through. Strange but, I think playing in the church hall was may be awful - I NEVER enjoy the game from there.

That said, (although I dozed a bit during the second half) it seemed like the Seton Hall kids stayed engaged throughout the whole game. I mean, their body language as well as action on the court was very positive. I know they're favored to finh last but, I think they'll sneak up on teams if thy're not on their game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Seton Hall has fans? Remarkable. That could be a credit to what Ann Donovan has done, since they certainly never had them in the past. Or - a good marketing job.

I never thought of it as a church hall - mostly, because if you've ever been you would know it is attached to a swimming pool - but a good description none the less.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Seton Hall has fans? Remarkable. That could be a credit to what Ann Donovan has done, since they certainly never had them in the past. Or - a good marketing job.

I never thought of it as a church hall - mostly, because if you've ever been you would know it is attached to a swimming pool - but a good description none the less.

I was there four years ago (two years ago the game was in Newark), and I agree that was an apt comparision. Very different last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom