Kudos to Lincoln and the Nebraska fans | The Boneyard

Kudos to Lincoln and the Nebraska fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They really did a great job getting people to watch even though their team didn't make the sweet 16. Both teams probably got new fans to support them just from watching this game. Whether it be excellent basketball or the underdog story. Either way, I was happy to watch a packed house

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That is really amazing! Nebraska and Lincoln should be very proud of the fan support!

Reaction Score
UcMiami said:
That is really amazing! Nebraska and Lincoln should be very proud of the fan support!

Nebraska supports all their college teams very well. Women's volleyball sells out...according to the very friendly folks next to me. Clearly they support college sports even when their team isn't playing. We know about Husker Nation. There is a reason why the College World Series has a long term home in Omaha.

I would say based on yesterday's attendance they stand an excellent chance of hosting future regionals.

Reaction Score
I'm from Lincoln living in CT and am happy to see the big crowd and a great game. I hope the Huskies can get out and enjoy Lincoln. From the north side to south side it's nearly 12 miles and lots of stuff to discover along the way. It's a growing vibrant city and I am proud it is hosting the Huskies!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nebraska supports all their college teams very well. Women's volleyball sells out...according to the very friendly folks next to me. Clearly they support college sports even when their team isn't playing. We know about Husker Nation. There is a reason why the College World Series has a long term home in Omaha.

I would say based on yesterday's attendance they stand an excellent chance of hosting future regionals.
The problem of course being that with the exception of this year, if you host you can't play. It will be interesting to see who wants to host on a semi-permanent basis (if that comes off) - I imagine that would knock out a number of schools from being interested. You need a large arena near your school, but one that does not count as a 'home court'.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm from Lincoln living in CT and am happy to see the big crowd and a great game. I hope the Huskies can get out and enjoy Lincoln. From the north side to south side it's nearly 12 miles and lots of stuff to discover along the way. It's a growing vibrant city and I am proud it is hosting the Huskies!
I am sure CD has something planned for today to get the players out and about and keep them mentally active on the down day. It is one of those 'little things' that I think are actually very important. Leave the players on their own and half would probably end up hanging in the hotel lazing around, and that is not good for the athletes.

Reaction Score
I thought that what Coach Yori did was just wonderful for women's basketball and game the people of Lincoln a chance to shine in a way they otherwise might not have. They came up big.

Now I know the Final Four is he Big Dance and all, but I wonder what the attendance situation will be like in Nashville without the Lady Vols in the running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom