Kudos to CBS announcer Viani for Temple - UConn | The Boneyard

Kudos to CBS announcer Viani for Temple - UConn

Reaction Score
A laudatory "Thank You" to Julianne Viana, who led her Marist team to 4 consecutive NCAA tournaments.

Julianne Viani kept reporting basketball nuances through the second half blowout. [paraphrasing] "UConn drops back into a zone here. Geno wants his kids to get some experience with changing their defenses." Refreshing & informative commentary can be done, eh? Special thanks to MJL243 for posting prompt replay.

Comment also posted in "Who Impressed You Today." Viani worth acknowledging again imo.

Reaction Score
Also had some good things to say about Uconn kids getting coached up by Geno and staff

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It would be great if she learned that KLS's name is not Katie.
Really? That's your quibble? :rolleyes: I will take her over the knucklehead Adam Amin any day. As noted, Rebecca and Kara together are not good. The two man crew is much better than a 3. Viana did a nice job talking about Temple, their injury woes and how the team did not quit (an irk to Geno as we know). Overall a balanced game call.

Reaction Score
Really? That's your quibble? :rolleyes: I will take her over the knucklehead Adam Amin any day. As noted, Rebecca and Kara together are not good. The two man crew is much better than a 3. Viana did a nice job talking about Temple, their injury woes and how the team did not quit (an irk to Geno as we know). Overall a balanced game call.

My quibble is that it's Viani.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Viani is a good color commentator. She has a very good grasp of the game and how offense and defense functions. She articulates this well. But one should expect this from a former point guard from my hometown - Poughkeepsie, NY.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I thought Viani and her cohort did a great job. Talked the game, kept it interesting, did not blather about non-essentials, and knew when to be quiet and let play speak for itself. Hope we see them again.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They were certainly better than some. I still had to rewind too many times to try to find out what had happened on the court, especially foul/three-second/out of bounds calls.

There was also one remark that had my wife and me flabbergasted. When talking up how hard Temple was playing, one of the commentators said, "I've see good teams get blown out by UConn in the first quarter," as though that hadn't happened to Temple. The first-quarter score was 31-13. I wonder what their definition of blown out is.

Reaction Score
Besides calling her Katie she was also nice enough to remind me Batouly missed last year because I’d injury. I was dumb enough to think she sat out due to transferring. (Sarcasm emoji here)

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
They were certainly better than some. I still had to rewind too many times to try to find out what had happened on the court, especially foul/three-second/out of bounds calls.

There was also one remark that had my wife and me flabbergasted. When talking up how hard Temple was playing, one of the commentators said, "I've see good teams get blown out by UConn in the first quarter," as though that hadn't happened to Temple. The first-quarter score was 31-13. I wonder what their definition of blown out is.

41-4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom