Kristy Curry Interviews for Alabama Job | The Boneyard

Kristy Curry Interviews for Alabama Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
An attempt to get a raise? Dissatisfaction with Lubbock? (school or city)

Although she has been there a while, she did follow a legend, which is always tough. And a legend that is still around the school, if not directly the program.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She just doesn't seem like she made any inroads at TTU. Has she managed to land any recruits on their current roster who were AA's, or in the top 30 or so? If not, I can see why she'd want to try her luck elsewhere.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Curry signed a 5-year extension in 2011 which I think came after she interviewed for the then-vacant LSU job.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She just doesn't seem like she made any inroads at TTU. Has she managed to land any recruits on their current roster who were AA's, or in the top 30 or so? If not, I can see why she'd want to try her luck elsewhere.
Lots of places to try, the attraction of Alabama is a mystery, at least to me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
An attempt to get a raise? Dissatisfaction with Lubbock? (school or city)

Although she has been there a while, she did follow a legend, which is always tough. And a legend that is still around the school, if not directly the program.

Sharp should return to coaching. She may be the only one who can recruit well in Lubbock.

But seriously, have you seen Lubbock? No offense to HelloKitty, but that is the armpit of Texas, right along with El Paso. It's probably Lu hard to get anyone of stature to play there.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
But seriously, have you seen Lubbock? No offense to HelloKitty, but that is the armpit of Texas, right along with El Paso. It's probably Lu hard to get anyone of stature to play there.
I'll take your word for it. Have seen plenty of west Texas and El Paso going back and forth from AZ to Austin (relatives) and (separately) to points further east; both the "southern" route through Balmorhea, Fort Stockton, etc., and the more northern trek (Pecos, Odessa, etc) and even the far northern short trip through Amarillo. Ozona is my favorite city name, smells just like its name.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Funny that you mention Ozona. TTU had a really good player, Amber Tarr, about 10 to 15 years back who hailed from Ozona, TX. She and a little 5-0 firecracker PG named Bobbi Bryson, won state their freshman year. Bryon was soon diagnosed with cancer that derailed her playing career. Otherwise they would have had a great chance at 4 straight titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom