Krajewski broken collarbone, out 6-8 weeks | The Boneyard

Krajewski broken collarbone, out 6-8 weeks

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perfect.

Do we know when he sustained it? I hope he's at least feeling better.

So we're back to option A on the quarterback carousel.

Reaction Score
This is how Michigan discovered Brady is good or something like that.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

So now Beaudry is the starter again? And we’re basing this off what exactly? And we ruined our true freshman QB’s confidence by letting him play the last two games on the road just to yank him before a home game vs a team we can actually beat why?

Drew

Reaction Score
Zergiotis has played in 3 games and he looks like he needs more time. If he plays 4 games or less, you can redshirt him, so I think Edsall is keeping that option open.
If thats the plan then why do you play him in what you could argue are 3 of the 4 hardest games on the schedule?? Two of which are on the road back to back? If the plan is to redshirt him why wouldn’t you say that and then let him play against Wagner, ECU, USF, etc instead of Illinois @ Indiana and @ UCF?

Reaction Score
Ha. Pretty sure i mentioned he hurt his collar bone in slack chat. QBs need to learn how take on hits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i mean drew - come on. they have no answers and just flail from one bad idea to the next. they will probably change the soda to crystal pepsi at the rent by saturday

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
With Steven Krajewski hurt it's either MB or Jack Zergiotis. I realize given USF is not very good that this is an opportunity to get Jack Zergiotis's confidence back, but given what I saw in the last 2 games, I have no reason to think he's truly ready to play full time at this level right now and playing him could also make it worse. We really don't know at this point and have to trust the choice made by the coaching staff. Maybe practice has shown MB to be the best choice.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I guess I was exaggerating when I wrote “Steven Krajewski is gonna get killed” after every big hit...

Reaction Score
If thats the plan then why do you play him in what you could argue are 3 of the 4 hardest games on the schedule?? Two of which are on the road back to back? If the plan is to redshirt him why wouldn’t you say that and then let him play against Wagner, ECU, USF, etc instead of Illinois @ Indiana and @ UCF?

I’ll take a stab and say things are in a death spiral and Randy has no idea what he’s doing about it.

Drew

Reaction Score
Beaudry was named the starter coming out of camp which is fine. But Jack Z comes in for him against a Big Ten team and plays a fantastic game- so good in fact that he’s named the starter by Edsall going forward without even being prompted to speak on it in the postgame presser. Then he predictably struggles on the road against what’re probably the two best teams on our schedule in back to back games and you yank him mid game and bench him? Then name Beaudry the starter for the home game against a team that hasn’t won a FBS game in their last 9 tries? How does that inspire confidence in Jack Z or anyone on the team? Is what we saw from Beaudry against Wagner supposed to make me think he would’ve done better than Jack Z in the last two games? The Illinois game was the best game I’ve seen from a UConn QB since the Casey Cochran Memphis game in 2013 and now we just abandon him with a perfect chance to come back and play a winnable game?

Reaction Score
I feel like Zergiotis had the opportunity against Illinois because of Edsall's "gut feeling" and just went out and played football. Zerg had probably the least time to prepare, so he just went out, trusted his instincts, and threw the ball around against a bad defense.

During the week they probably threw way too much at him too fast... defensive schemes, offensive wrinkles, reads, etc that had him thinking too much. Or too much for a true freshman to pick up in 2 weeks. He got scared in the moment and it was all down hill from there.

Here's to hoping Beaudry can be a game manager. He showed it in the majority of the Wagner game, minus the one pick 6. Keep the momentum going with the run game, open up play action, and continue to utlilize the tight end.

And for the love of mosquito-born diseases, please just find a way to win on Saturday!

Reaction Score
giphy-3.gif

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The game has sped up on Jack Zergiotis. The kid I saw at Indiana and beginning of UCF looked like the kid I saw in practice. Not ready. Beaudry deserves another shot- he wasn't good against Wagner, but there is a reason he won the competition. I am perfectly fine with the decision.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The Illinois game was the best game I’ve seen from a UConn QB since the Casey Cochran Memphis game in 2013 and now we just abandon him with a perfect chance to come back and play a winnable game?
Maybe the IL game was just a perfect storm for him and that he's not really THAT good (yet). He looked phenomenal, almost too good to be true. But I admit I was caught up in the hope and excitement and thought we had a starter for the next 4 years. The last 2 games tell me I was premature in my anointing.
As Hardcore said, MB was the starter out of pre-season and I'm hoping the Wagner game was a bit of nerves and that he'll be better against USF. If nobody separates themselves, it may be a rotation of MB and Jack Zergiotis for the rest of the season or maybe just MB and Jack Zergiotis will be redshirted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I never thought for a minute MB won any competition!!! I believe he was promised something before he got there!!! He was given most of the first team snaps leading up the Wagner game!!! Most of the post on this message board gave him the job before he took a snap or had a practice!!! The kid came from a division II new program and hadn’t play much due to injuries. I call things as I see them Steven Krajewski has been the best QB from the start!!!!

too bad y’all didnt teach him how to slide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom