KO's phantom lineup/rotations return | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KO's phantom lineup/rotations return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should have expected the offense would stall, because it always does.

And upstarter hit it on the head. Ollie benched him for his mistakes on defense. Despite ignoring the mistakes the rest of the team made. And despite the fact that he's our only point guard.

Yup. And if you're going to punish someone for mistakes, why is it the freshman who has been balling out and giving a ton of effort over the last few weeks?

Reaction Score
I feel like it could be maybe differences with the coaching staff, not saying I'm right but he seems like he might have some intense disagreements in practices with KO, etc. I'll probably get some flack for this but just an opinion

If Adams and the coaching staff are butting heads, seems we'd be better off going with Jalen's suggestions.

Reaction Score
If Adams and the coaching staff are butting heads, seems we'd be better off going with Jalen's suggestions.

At this point I'm hoping we get rid of all the coaches besides Ollie. There is NO way our assistants are the best available to us at the moment.

Say what you will about Diaco, and I hate to compare sports because they are different, but when he has a deficiency he changes it up. Shaked things up last year and shaking things up again this year bringing in well renown and respected position coaches

Reaction Score
If I'm honest, I actually think it's the opposite. I have a problem with benching a freshman for mistakes, particularly when we need him having high confidence. He's really important and better to let him play through his mistakes. Punish upperclassmen that shouldn't be making those mistakes any longer.

But I think Adams is getting the punishment because I think Ollie believes he can handle it. Ollie's comments of "I expected Jalen to adjust quicker" speaks of high expectations from him.

But this was just a terrible way to send it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hamilton had a nightmare game defensively tonight.

That's BS - they all had a bad perimeter game
DHams assignment did not hit all the 3s
I love all the people on this board who pile up on DHam and KO - its ugly
I hope they both leave - boy wont that be fun

Reaction Score

If I was a betting man, Hamilton's man throughout the course of the game had 4-6 wide open three's and they hit at least 3 of them

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What the hell was that in the late second half? We literally had a 6-man rotation. The offense has repeatedly stalled when KO has out-thunk himself with the odd rotations and lineups.

Very peculiar that he sat Jalen the WHOLE second half until Temple closed the gap. Then when we need offense with 2 mins left we throw him in there cold and expect him to run the offense? Omar played over him and brought us nothing tonight. There's no excuse for NOT playing Jalen, unless there was something disciplinary that we don't know about. Gibbs simply could not run the offense effectively down the stretch, we needed Jalen on the court.

Nolan kept missing bunnies but keeps playing and stays in after committing dumb fouls? And we sit Brimah down the stretch?

We need to start playing some consistent line-ups so that the guys don't get cold. The defense is not the problem .

Blame the missed lay-ups if you want, but I think KO has been over-thinking the player substitutions. It would be simply unacceptable if he doesn't provide a reason for not playing Jalen in the second half. Very puzzling stuff.

Nolan missed one put back attempt. Brimah's dunk attempt didn't even make it four feet off the ground. Neither one was exactly stellar tonight.

Reaction Score
Hamilton doesn't deserve it, he's been playing alot better the last few games, he isn't a great shot maker but he is the only one who rebounds consistently and the only one who can make a good pass, besides Jalen, but KO always seems to be finding something to punish him for. KO, on the other hand, has alot to work on, but there is no doubt he is the right guy. He needs coaches with him that do something though, he can't do it all.

Reaction Score
Hamilton doesn't deserve it, he's been playing alot better the last few games, he isn't a great shot maker but he is the only one who rebounds consistently and the only one who can make a good pass, besides Jalen, but KO always seems to be finding something to punish him for. KO, on the other hand, has alot to work on, but there is no doubt he is the right guy. He needs coaches with him that do something though, he can't do it all.

Our assistants are atrocious. I just see them sitting on the bench with their head in their hands nodding to KO. I think there may be too many "Yes men" on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom