Kornheiser and Simmons | The Boneyard

Kornheiser and Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watched these 2 on PTI talking about UConn and sorry I did. It's shocking how dumb these two are when it comes to sports. They were discussing whether UConn basketball will ever be good again and neither seems to think so, Simmons said definitely for the next few years UConn will be bad and then Kornheiser said people will want Auriemma as coach. Never thought Kornheiser knew much about sports but this was just pathetic, Simmons at least knows his sports but he's a jerkoff and hates all things UConn.

Reaction Score
Simmons' head is so far up his ass that he actually compared Calhoun to Theo Epstein.

Say what you want about the APR, recruiting violations, or any off the court matters pertaining to the Calhoun era, but the one thing nobody with any credibility should call him is a quitter. Simmons made the analogy to Calhoun leaving a sinking ship - guess what Bill, when you beat cancer three times, overcome multiple broken ribs, return to work a week after back surgery, and break your hip in a bike accident, come back and tell me if you're up to the rigors of a 365 days a year job.

Yeah, sound just like a guy that fled Fenway Park in a gorilla suit because of a dispute with the front office.

Reaction Score
i remember a few years ago mike francessa echoed those same sentiments about uconn. he basically said uconn would become irrelevent after jc. i have a strange feeling that this is actually the prevailing thought among most outside of ct. i believe that the rest of the country thinks the uconn era is over. it could be. but it also could be a national title contender for the next 3 decades no one knows. what i do know is that i will support this program till my last dying breath through thick or thin.

Reaction Score
I seriously want to beat the hell out of Simmons, he's so clearly the type who would talk a big game and then go running if anyone actually challenges him. Calhoun at 70 with a broken hip would still destroy Simmons. Can't believe he accused Calhoun of being a quitter.

Reaction Score
I don't give a duckk what the talking heads think, it's time for KO and Co. to put in work and shut these guys up for good. UConn basketball is here to stay.

Reaction Score
Well...just another example of why ESPN took him off Monday Night Football. Hes not very smart

Reaction Score
Simmons hates UConn and Kornheiser has always not liked them very much (he's a big Maryland fan).

Reaction Score
I'd guess this sentiment existed for every big program when the coach who built the program left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, can we aggregate all of these people into one thread? I don't want to have to open a new thread every time someone stumbles across something demeaning to coach Calhoun.

So, someone start a thread titled, "People who can suck our nuts" and then just list the guys like Simmons, the CBS oaf, etc., etc.

More efficient.

Reaction Score
i remember a few years ago mike francessa echoed those same sentiments about uconn. he basically said uconn would become irrelevent after jc. i have a strange feeling that this is actually the prevailing thought among most outside of ct. i believe that the rest of the country thinks the uconn era is over. it could be. but it also could be a national title contender for the next 3 decades no one knows. what i do know is that i will support this program till my last dying breath through thick or thin.
It is a reasonable assumption to make. I just think Ollie will keep us as one of the top programs.

Reaction Score
Excellent post and spot on for my feelings as well. This is why sports are great. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
its not that simmons doesn't know sports because he does....he just doesn't know S###T about college basketball. never did and never will. he knows everything about the NBA (a la the book of basketball) and he loves sox baseball...doesn't know too much about football either. great guy to read, but don't take his word on CBB.....he doesn't know a lick about it.

Reaction Score
Bill Simmons has become everything he used to rail against while he was a blogger.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Bill Simmons has become everything he used to rail against while he was a blogger.

Very sustinct and very true. If I had the time, I would write a old-bill-simmons-style rant against his stupid appearance yesterday

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kornheiser has always not liked them very much (he's a big Maryland fan).

That's just not true. Kornheiser has always been a Calhoun admirer. Last spring when JC was out with the back, he commented about Calhoun's toughness and said he would be back. Even yesterday, he stressed the good and softpeddled the negative.

Reaction Score
Very sustinct and very true. If I had the time, I would write a old-bill-simmons-style rant against his stupid appearance yesterday

I'm hearing he routinely "big-times" producers at the world-wide leader. He's the type of guy Johnny Most would ask to pinpoint the exact time he decided to fall in love with himself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm hearing he routinely "big-times" producers at the world-wide leader. He's the type of guy Johnny Most would ask to pinpoint the exact time he decided to fall in love with himself.

I think was when he started with the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Reaction Score
That's just not true. Kornheiser has always been a Calhoun admirer. Last spring when JC was out with the back, he commented about Calhoun's toughness and said he would be back. Even yesterday, he stressed the good and softpeddled the negative.

Not true eh?

You haven't been following along. Kornheiser called him scum for the Rudy Gay recruitment

Reaction Score
Biggest problem here is there is no 'angle' or debate generated by sportstalk types if they say Calhoun was great, built a program and should be celebrated for a hall of fame career. So they have to take the other tact otherwise there is no story.

One of the biggest things you get with Kevin Ollie is strength of Jim Calhoun in the wings as consigliere and put these windmills in front of that guy and he's going to chase it and knock it down. Let em say nay.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
[QUOTEYou haven't been following along. Kornheiser called him scum for the Rudy Gay recruitment ][/QUOTE]

You do have to realize that at the time, Gary Williams was the one who was complaining about our recruitment tactics and Williams is/was good friends with Kornheiser

Reaction Score
[QUOTEYou haven't been following along. Kornheiser called him scum for the Rudy Gay recruitment ]

You do have to realize that at the time, Gary Williams was the one who was complaining about our recruitment tactics and Williams is/was good friends with Kornheiser[/quote]

Calhoun and Williams had some of the most openly bitter sniping (almost all from Williams) that I can ever remember. The fact that Kornheiser is getting info from Williams tells you what you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom