Kornet to Oklahoma! | The Boneyard

Kornet to Oklahoma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not surprised here at all. Apparently has been to campus multiple times. Nice pick up for Sherri Coale.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good for Sherri. Blue Star has her at 68! not sure why the huge discrepancy. i don't know where ASGR has her and anything outside the top 20 for PBR is mostly all Texas kids so it's hard to know...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not surprised here at all. Apparently has been to campus multiple times. Nice pick up for Sherri Coale.

I had a chance to see her play twice last year, they beat my alma mater both times (but the girl we had who signed with Stanford had torn her ACL, so I am putting an asterisk by the Ws) She's pretty impressive. She is 6'0 and can shoot lights out, great range and a great handle. I was hoping at some point this year her team, Liberty Christian, would play Moriah's team, but it doesn't look like they are even in the same tournaments. Darn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I had a chance to see her play twice last year, they beat my alma mater both times (but the girl we had who signed with Stanford had torn her ACL, so I am putting an asterisk by the Ws) She's pretty impressive. She is 6'0 and can shoot lights out, great range and a great handle. I was hoping at some point this year her team, Liberty Christian, would play Moriah's team, but it doesn't look like they are even in the same tournaments. Darn.

I noticed she had no Texas team among those she seriously considered. Any ideas on why that was?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I noticed she had no Texas team among those she seriously considered. Any ideas on why that was?

I noticed that too....

Not sure, but I read somewhere this summer that she had made multiple trips to Oklahoma and the Whitney Hand connection may have been the difference maker.

Reaction Score

Alex Green is the player who signed with Stanford.
http://espn.go.com/espnw/college-sp...inal-alex-green-sarah-boothe-playing-catch-up

Reaction Score
Hey cardfan! Good Luck on your season!

How do you think the season is going to be?

Hi Huskyfan, thanks! Good luck on your season as well. The Cardinal are very young with 6 frosh and some players recovering from injuries (Boothe and Green)m but I think we're another favorite for the F4.

Nneka is a woman amongst girls and Chiney is only getting better. We'll be quicker for sure, but a work in progress til mid way thru the conf. It'll be a tall order to beat UConn on Nov. 21st, in fact, I don't expect to win, but it will be a great experience for our young team.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think once Alex recovers fully from her ACL she will surprise a lot of people...very quick and strong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hi Huskyfan, thanks! Good luck on your season as well. The Cardinal are very young with 6 frosh and some players recovering from injuries (Boothe and Green)m but I think we're another favorite for the F4.

Nneka is a woman amongst girls and Chiney is only getting better. We'll be quicker for sure, but a work in progress til mid way thru the conf. It'll be a tall order to beat UConn on Nov. 21st, in fact, I don't expect to win, but it will be a great experience for our young team.
Question for Cardfan: Will Chiney be as good a player as Nneka? Even better? If so, when? Chiney was good last year. Maybe I was being unreasonable, but I expected even a little more. Nneka was great at the end of the season. Early on, I thought Pohlen was having the better season. Over the full season, I thought they were close. I think Nneka is #2 in the country this year, behind only the 6'8" kid.

Reaction Score
Question for Cardfan: Will Chiney be as good a player as Nneka? Even better? If so, when? Chiney was good last year. Maybe I was being unreasonable, but I expected even a little more. Nneka was great at the end of the season. Early on, I thought Pohlen was having the better season. Over the full season, I thought they were close. I think Nneka is #2 in the country this year, behind only the 6'8" kid.

They are really different players/positions. Nneka is power forward to the T, while Chiney is more of a creator/slasher. When Chiney establishes her 3 pt shot, look out.

here's a good article on the two of them from Stanford magazine:

http://www.buckcardinal.com/blog/fe...nc?p=t&u=0&v=ad49c9555585fedcdd27582388ec8a5b

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are really different players/positions. Nneka is power forward to the T, while Chiney is more of a creator/slasher. When Chiney establishes her 3 pt shot, look out.

here's a good article on the two of them from Stanford magazine:

http://www.buckcardinal.com/blog/fe...nc?p=t&u=0&v=ad49c9555585fedcdd27582388ec8a5b
Thanks. I saw Chiney in the AA game in San Antonio and was very impressed. She's big, hit some outside shots, and played with the energy of Tyler Hansborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom