OT: - Korey Stringer Institute at UConn and its link to the Olympics | The Boneyard

OT: Korey Stringer Institute at UConn and its link to the Olympics

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If the Stringer surname sounds familiar it’s because Korey was C Vivian’s son. He was a football player that tragically died of heat stroke during a football practice. I assume the Stringer family contributed funds to UConn to set up the Foundation. The research done there is invaluable and has probably saved lives.

Reaction Score
If the Stringer surname sounds familiar it’s because Korey was C Vivian’s son. He was a football player that tragically died of heat stroke during a football practice. I assume the Stringer family contributed funds to UConn to set up the Foundation. The research done there is invaluable and has probably saved lives.

I’m fairly certain Korey was NOT C. Viv’s son. She had three young sons when she came to Rutgers, none named Corey. She has had tragedy in her life with her husband dying quite young, but Corey’s death was not one of them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m fairly certain Korey was NOT C. Viv’s son. She had three young sons when she came to Rutgers, none named Corey. She has had tragedy in her life with her husband dying quite young, but Corey’s death was not one of them.
You are correct she’s not his mother. C Vivian Stringer was Korey’s aunt. My apologies for the mistake.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Actually, yes, it was one of the tragedies in her life, while you are correct it was not her son, it was her nephew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom