Kong: Skull Island | The Boneyard

Kong: Skull Island

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I stopped after 35 minutes. May finish it another time, but what I've seen so far - it's just awful.

The first scene while on the island is absurd: One helicopter gets knocked down by Kong, and one after another the rest fly within arms reach, and surprise, they get knocked down too.

Reaction Score
I actually thought it was pretty good. Watched it on a plane. I thought it was better than the Godzilla movie and they are part of a shared universe series.

Reaction Score
I stopped after 35 minutes. May finish it another time, but what I've seen so far - it's just awful.

The first scene while on the island is absurd: One helicopter gets knocked down by Kong, and one after another the rest fly within arms reach, and surprise, they get knocked down too.

That scene is absurd. Helicopters don't need to get up close to hit a target, and Army Aviators aren't infantrymen.

Overall I still give the movie a surprising B+, far better than the dumb King Arthur movie and Transformers, which was also a dumb King Arthur movie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On a semi-related note, Samuel L. Jackson needs not to be in every single movie made in Hollywood. I like his iconic roles, but most of the schlock he puts out in supporting roles hurt the narrative and flow of the films.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That scene is absurd. Helicopters don't need to get up close to hit a target, and Army Aviators aren't infantrymen.

Overall I still give the movie a surprising B+, far better than the dumb King Arthur movie and Transformers, which was also a dumb King Arthur movie.

I liked it too, despite that dumb scene, and some real stupidity from the Samuel L Jackson character. Hiddleston was good.

I liked the Mark Wahlburg Transformers in 2014 (and his daughter...wow). Have not seen the new one. King Arthur was weird, almost like Guy Ritchie made a King Arthur movie....wait, he did.

Reaction Score
I liked it too, despite that dumb scene, and some real stupidity from the Samuel L Jackson character. Hiddleston was good.

I liked the Mark Wahlburg Transformers in 2014 (and his daughter...wow). Have not seen the new one. King Arthur was weird, almost like Guy Ritchie made a King Arthur movie....wait, he did.
I didn't think it was worth the $5 PPV cost. I've yet too see anything made these days that tops the original King Kong or it's sequel Son of Kong. Many of the cast members from the original King Kong reprise their roles in Son of Kong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kept watching thinking it'll eventually get better: It doesn't.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Entertaining enough. Plenty of acting talent that didn't have much to work with. John C. Reilly stole the movie. Samuel L. Jackson playing a caricature of himself started getting old about a decade ago, but he's still at it.

Reaction Score
watched it on a flight to the west coast. i had low expectations going in, so I wasn't disappointed. Glad I didn't spend money to see it, don't need to see it again, but it was okay. As mentioned above. John C. Reilly was the best thing about the movie

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kept watching thinking it'll eventually get better: It doesn't.

I thought it was terrible. Silly plot with mediocre special effects considering the budget. It was clearly a cash grab by some of the stars. I wonder if John Goodman was actually supposed to get eaten by that lizard thing or he jumped in its mouth during a take so he could go home.

Reaction Score
I thought it was terrible. Silly plot with mediocre special effects considering the budget. It was clearly a cash grab by some of the stars. I wonder if John Goodman was actually supposed to get eaten by that lizard thing or he jumped in its mouth during a take so he could go home.
"Hey, there's a gigantic ape that is easily swatting our helicopters! Let's fly closer instead of falling back and shooting from out of its reach!" Just lazy writing/producing to the special effects. Even the best part of the movie was just copied from other Vietnam era movies. The awesome music playing while the helicopters fly into the sunset has been done so many times with so much more respect. Mediocre movie.

That being said, it isn't the worst I've seen on a plane. I'm shocked how some of these projects get the green light (and budget). Great Wall with Matt Damon? Uggh that was bad, but not as bad as Assassin's Creed with Michael Fassbender? I'd rather watch a friend play the video game. Sometimes I get to my destination and I can't even remember the movies I watched.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Hey, there's a gigantic ape that is easily swatting our helicopters! Let's fly closer instead of falling back and shooting from out of its reach!" Just lazy writing/producing to the special effects. Even the best part of the movie was just copied from other Vietnam era movies. The awesome music playing while the helicopters fly into the sunset has been done so many times with so much more respect. Mediocre movie.

That being said, it isn't the worst I've seen on a plane. I'm shocked how some of these projects get the green light (and budget). Great Wall with Matt Damon? Uggh that was bad, but not as bad as Assassin's Creed with Michael Fassbender? I'd rather watch a friend play the video game. Sometimes I get to my destination and I can't even remember the movies I watched.

Great Wall should have been better. It was a relatively interesting premise, but the writing was just abysmal. The Great Wall was a good setting for an action movie though.

Reaction Score
Great Wall should have been better. It was a relatively interesting premise, but the writing was just abysmal. The Great Wall was a good setting for an action movie though.

It’s another White Guy saving and Asian Country movie. It’s so played out. Never once considered this movie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s another White Guy saving and Asian Country movie. It’s so played out. Never once considered this movie.

Just watch a Jackie Chan movie to counter-balance that premise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom