Kofi Cockburn/UK Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn/UK Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

How do these kids keep putting the red Light district Louisville on their lists? They may be on the outside looking in for all the crap they’ve thrown out there?

Oh that’s right Emerett is still in charge they’ll get the same as UNC what was I thinking! :rolleyes:

Yep, Yum Brands will kick in some bucks as an NCAA sponsor.

Reaction Score
I think Cobb's weight loss this offseason is going to pay bigger dividends recruiting Kofi than meets the eye.

Kofi's roughly 280 lbs right now, sounds familiar. I'm sure he not only knows that that won't cut it in the NBA, but also that if Cobb can make this kind of transformation under our strength and conditioning team, so can he.

A big premature Thank You to Eric, keep it up big guy

Reaction Score
I think Cobb's weight loss this offseason is going to pay bigger dividends recruiting Kofi than meets the eye.

Kofi's roughly 280 lbs right now, sounds familiar. I'm sure he not only knows that that won't cut it in the NBA, but also that if Cobb can make this kind of transformation under our strength and conditioning team, so can he.

I mean, a lot of centers are 270+ in the league. Andre, DeAndre, Embiid, Boogie, etc. As longg as it is lean muscle, being that size is not a problem.

Reaction Score
I mean, a lot of centers are 270+ in the league. Andre, DeAndre, Embiid, Boogie, etc. As longg as it is lean muscle, being that size is not a problem.

Eh, this is a tricky one. These guys are all full grown men so naturally they've had a longer period of time to work on that lean muscle. I don't think any high school senior wants to weigh 280 lbs. Sure he uses his weight and size effectively but at the end of the day still looks pretty sluggish on the court. Speeds going to pick up drastically at the collegiate level.

I'm gonna get a little nit-picky here too and say Embiid is nowhere near this weight and he's 7'0+ ft tall. Only one I'm going to give you here is Drummond, maybe Boogie. And Drummond is far more athletic than Kofi will ever be

Reaction Score
Eh, this is a tricky one. These guys are all full grown men so naturally they've had a longer period of time to work on that lean muscle. I don't think any high school senior wants to weigh 280 lbs. Sure he uses his weight and size effectively but at the end of the day still looks pretty sluggish on the court. Speeds going to pick up drastically at the collegiate level.

I'm gonna get a little nit-picky here too and say Embiid is nowhere near this weight and he's 7'0+ ft tall. Only one I'm going to give you here is Drummond, maybe Boogie. And Drummond is far more athletic than Kofi will ever be
I didn’t do research so I don’t know their exact weights, but Embiid’ listed weight doesn’t seem accurate, he is 7’1 and thick, he can’t only be 250. But regardless, Kofi doesn’t look out of shape, he is ripped and just a naturally huge kid. No problem there, even look at Jahlil Okafor coming out of High School.

Reaction Score

I didn’t do research so I don’t know their exact weights, but Embiid’ listed weight doesn’t seem accurate, he is 7’1 and thick, he can’t only be 250. But regardless, Kofi doesn’t look out of shape, he is ripped and just a naturally huge kid. No problem there, even look at Jahlil Okafor coming out of High School.

Kofi was measured recently at 301.

He is not "ripped" in the least. He clearly needs to lose weight.

Agreed that Cobb's transformation could be a major factor. Sal is a huge boon to this program. Love that guy.

Reaction Score
Players weights are even less accurate than their heights, there is zero chance Embiid is 250 lbs. They used to list Shaq at 300 lbs.

Reaction Score

The Jahlil Okafor comment may be the best motivation for him to lose weight. No one wants to be considered a bust. (Even though he definitely stole some money from philly)

Reaction Score
The Jahlil Okafor comment may be the best motivation for him to lose weight. No one wants to be considered a bust. (Even though he definitely stole some money from philly)
I don’t think he’s a bust really, at least not yet. Listened to CJ McCollum’s podcast today, (by the way, its very entertaining and informative woth great guests all the time) and he seems to have totally reworked his body. Don’t forget Jah averaged 17 and 7 his rookie year in an absolute dumpster fire of an organization at that point, then got passed over by Joel. His achilles heel isnt his weight, which its not like he’s in Eddie Curry territory by the way, but his defense, which has been pretty bad. But if he can develop that, and if he plays alongside AD he will, he can be a very good center still.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s a bust really, at least not yet. Listened to CJ McCollum’s podcast today, (by the way, its very entertaining and informative woth great guests all the time) and he seems to have totally reworked his body. Don’t forget Jah averaged 17 and 7 his rookie year in an absolute dumpster fire of an organization at that point, then got passed over by Joel. His achilles heel isnt his weight, which its not like he’s in Eddie Curry territory by the way, but his defense, which has been pretty bad. But if he can develop that, and if he plays alongside AD he will, he can be a very good center still.

Agree and disagree a little. He definitely got his body right once he got into the league, I think though his lack of athleticism, defense, and inability to develop a modern game as a youngster really hurt him. He was able to rely on being the bigger man growing up & never developed any range to his game. While he was more polished than Kofi on the block, Kofi is the more physical guy.

From those who have seen him more than I have though, how does he compare to ‘Buke at Kansas? That’s been my gut first comparison to him, but idk if that’s accurate really or not.

Reaction Score
Agree and disagree a little. He definitely got his body right once he got into the league, I think though his lack of athleticism, defense, and inability to develop a modern game as a youngster really hurt him. He was able to rely on being the bigger man growing up & never developed any range to his game. While he was more polished than Kofi on the block, Kofi is the more physical guy.

From those who have seen him more than I have though, how does he compare to ‘Buke at Kansas? That’s been my gut first comparison to him, but idk if that’s accurate really or not.
That’s fair and I do agree his lack of range is hurtinf him, but in the podcast he said he’s really been working on it and changed his shot up so maybe he’ll develop that this season on into later in his career.

On the ‘Buke comp, that is pretty good, although I think while Kofi is not crazy athletic he is still more mobile and bouncy than Buke, who is very earthbound. But, if we get him I would take Buke’s production for sure, his FG % is other worldly and can protect the rim and rebound a little. But Buke fouls a ton, so hopefully Kofi can avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom