Kofi Cockburn/UK Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
5abb9eb43216742a008b45cc-1334-667.jpg

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Need Cockburn’s commitment. Especially since Achiuwa doesn’t look as comforting as before.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Word to the wise: When an article comes out saying that a recruit is close to getting an offer from X school, it is all but guaranteed that this is coming from their camp. This doesn’t preclude the offer from coming ever, but it’s also not a sign that one is imminent.

Reaction Score
IMO the sentiment has always been they’ll go after Igiehon for the 5 if Wiseman and the other top top guys fell through.

From another standpoint, could this mean they’re more confident about landing Wiseman? Would be a tough blow for Penny.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't get a UK offer who is the team to beat? Cuse? I haven't seen him linked anywhere else really

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
IMO the sentiment has always been they’ll go after Igiehon for the 5 if Wiseman and the other top top guys fell through.

From another standpoint, could this mean they’re more confident about landing Wiseman? Would be a tough blow for Penny.

I believe there was a question on this in Corey Evans' Q&A today where he listed Wiseman, Carey, and Hurt as the Holy Trinity of Bigs that UK is chasing. He pretty much said it's unlikely that they miss on all three.

If he doesn't get a UK offer who is the team to beat? Cuse? I haven't seen him linked anywhere else really

The schools mentioned most with him were us, SJU, Cuse, Pitt, and Kansas I believe (feel free to correct me if I'm missing anyone).

I have no clue who Kansas is looking at as far as 2019 bigs (Were they a school in on Hurt?), but it seems like Cuse and Pitt will be in a knife fight over Wahab, so I'm not sure how much they are "in" on Kofi.

Reaction Score
I believe there was a question on this in Corey Evans' Q&A today where he listed Wiseman, Carey, and Hurt as the Holy Trinity of Bigs that UK is chasing. He pretty much said it's unlikely that they miss on all three.

The schools mentioned most with him were us, SJU, Cuse, Pitt, and Kansas I believe (feel free to correct me if I'm missing anyone).

I have no clue who Kansas is looking at as far as 2019 bigs (Were they a school in on Hurt?), but it seems like Cuse and Pitt will be in a knife fight over Wahab, so I'm not sure how much they are "in" on Kofi.
3-5 Kansas is favored for Williamson, Nnaji, and Robinson-Earl. They are also expected to have a very good shot at Hurt. Good news for us in terms of competing against them for KC and Achiuwa.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Didn’t someone mentions earlier we have a connection to his “handler?” Love seeing Bouk and Kofi UConn apparel news.

I believe his guardian/handler/advisor was also Kentan Facey’s

Reaction Score
Didn’t someone mentions earlier we have a connection to his “handler?” Love seeing Bouk and Kofi UConn apparel news.

Samardo Samuels played for Hurley at St. Benedict’s, so there’s your connection.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People on the UK board are saying Wiseman isn't even visiting them and Memphis is a lock
I think Kentucky will pivot to Carey or Oscar Tshibwe before Kofi and Igiehon. With our recent luck this will be the one year UK misses on their top targets lol. But I don’t think we should worry about Kentucky taking Kofi unless they whiff on several others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom