Kofi and the Illini | The Boneyard

Kofi and the Illini

Reaction Score
The Illini finish two games with a record of 2-0 against Nicholls and GCU. In an OT win 78-70 Kofi drops 10pts and 11rebs in his college debut. Game two he goes off for 23pts and 13rebs in a 83-71 win over GCU. Kofi would’ve been the needed rebounding machine and inside presence to open up the court. If anything I would’ve thought this recruiting process would’ve been investigated rather than Wiseman but the NCAA will NCAA and we do have a more solid team than the Illini in my opinion

Reaction Score
The Illini finish two games with a record of 2-0 against Nicholls and GCU. In an OT win 78-70 Kofi drops 10pts and 11rebs in his college debut. Game two he goes off for 23pts and 13rebs in a 83-71 win over GCU. Kofi would’ve been the needed rebounding machine and inside presence to open up the court. If anything I would’ve thought this recruiting process would’ve been investigated rather than Wiseman but the NCAA will NCAA and we do have a more solid team than the Illini in my opinion
Im not big on recruiting but the Kofi situation was a real head scratcher. Never sat right with me but its pointless to dwell on it. Next!

Reaction Score
B1G >AAC

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23
Reaction Score
If Kofi had come here with Akok we'd have been set. Sucks thinking about it.

Oh well, we have our team. We have a great coach who is building the program the right way. Potential future recruiting looks promising. We'll be back in the Big East where we belong soon.

I'm so freaking pumped!

Reaction Score
Florida game will be program changing. Finally put us back on the map and solidify Hurley’s rebuild campaign. If Hurley wins this game ADs gotta lock him in for 10 years with big bucks. You know he’ll get the money back in the future you can’t let him go.

Reaction Score
Is that Illinois or I££inoi$?
ugh so ready for NCAA being dismantled so we can just know the actual value of their endorsement contracts that sealed the deal and we can stop with the childish insinuations and treating teenagers like black market arms dealers. Maybe they paid him, who cares, good for him.

Reaction Score
Watched first half of Arizona / Illinois. Kofi ran the floor keeping up with a fast pace up and down the court and stayed on the floor almost all the minutes of the half with maybe 1 foul. Got 3-4 tough rebounds and a good block and a couple of scores and foul shots. Excellent game and Illinois will be a tough out for anybody. I knew about AJ Griffin and Aubrey Griffin but I didn't know Illinois had an older 6'5 guard brother Alan Griffin. Thought I'd post at halftime in case you wanted to catch the second half on PAC 12 network.

Reaction Score
Arizona pummels Illinois 90-69. Kofi with 9pts and 7reb.

pj

Reaction Score
Arizona pummels Illinois 90-69. Kofi with 9pts and 7reb.

Why does a school like Illinois even bother buying players? Some schools have more money than they can put to good use.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Florida game will be program changing. Finally put us back on the map and solidify Hurley’s rebuild campaign. If Hurley wins this game ADs gotta lock him in for 10 years with big bucks. You know he’ll get the money back in the future you can’t let him go.

What are you talking about we are going to get striped.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
ugh so ready for NCAA being dismantled so we can just know the actual value of their endorsement contracts that sealed the deal and we can stop with the childish insinuations and treating teenagers like black market arms dealers. Maybe they paid him, who cares, good for him.

Nobody is treating the teenagers that way. Most of us think they should get that money. It's the system/coaches/moneymen that are @#$%ed.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
What are you talking about we are going to get striped.
Florida just got ran through by Florida State who lost a lot of talent from last year's team. I'm not saying we're going to win by any means but thinking we're going to get absolutely thrashed with no shot is a little premaure.

Reaction Score
Florida just got ran through by Florida State who lost a lot of talent from last year's team. I'm not saying we're going to win by any means but thinking we're going to get absolutely thrashed with no shot is a little premaure.
Florida will be hungry and they have loads of talent. Early in the season so nothing will surprise me. If we beat FL it should be a top 50 win, maybe top 25.. 10 etc. who knows. If we lose, it's not a bad loss, but we really could use the W.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Perhaps, but we've been playing rec league teams. It's hard for me to get excited about our results so far. We just played a high 200s KP team. We'll play another on Wednesday. Then we go and play a Top 20 KP team. The difference will be staggering.

If I was forced to bet, I would say we lose by 10+. But I don't know what we have yet.

Reaction Score
Nobody is treating the teenagers that way. Most of us think they should get that money. It's the system/coaches/moneymen that are @#$%ed.

If you don't think that most of the people that make these accusations are casting aspersion on the character of these kids and their families I just don't know what to tell you. The whole Illinoi$ idea is that their is illicit and shady stuff going on, and if that is true than the kids are willing participants in it. It paints them as corrupt, greedy, etc for simply wanting what any other person is entitled to in our country. Being fairly compensated, legally, for their labor.

The entire framing of it is gross, and its unfair.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If you don't think that most of the people that make these accusations are casting aspersion on the character of these kids and their families I just don't know what to tell you. The whole Illinoi$ idea is that their is illicit and shady stuff going on, and if that is true than the kids are willing participants in it. It paints them as corrupt, greedy, etc for simply wanting what any other person is entitled to in our country. Being fairly compensated, legally, for their labor.

The entire framing of it is gross, and its unfair.

Thanks for telling everyone what I meant when I substituted a dollar sign for the “s” in Illinois. Good thing I have you to translate for me.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you don't think that most of the people that make these accusations are casting aspersion on the character of these kids and their families I just don't know what to tell you.

Well most people aren't. In fact, most people on here, have and do side with the kids on it. Sure, some bitterness when we lose out on a recruit, that's natural.

It paints them as corrupt, greedy, etc for simply wanting what any other person is entitled to in our country. Being fairly compensated, legally, for their labor.

Have you read any of the 'pay college players money' threads? The overwhelming majority are all for it. Your interpretation on '$' isn't born out in the the opinions of the majority of the board, as shown in these threads. Note it's 'Illinioi$'....not Ko$i Cockburn.

You're reading your own personal stuff into this, but it doesn't make it reality on the ground.

The whole Illinoi$ idea is that their is illicit and shady stuff going on, and if that is true than the kids are willing participants in it.

The rules are set up as they are right now. So any coach/handler/institution that tries to circumvent it is culpable. And should be punished, but obviously aren't. And that pisses people off. But the kids themselves? Nobody cares about that.

Nobody blames Wiseman or his family. They blame Penny and Memphis and the NCAA favoritism.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom