Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Welp that was a minute of my life I'm not getting back

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think that means we're done adding and he's just watching the clock and hoping none of our other guys put their name in.
And if you are correct one would have to wonder who he might be concerned about. I will not speculate as I understand that is frowned upon on the board. Here’s to hoping this means he waiting on one more. If that happens before the portal closes I guess then if there is time left before it closes then we go back to question #1. It really is the Wild West Portal…

Reaction Score
Best of luck.... lock this dumpster fire of a thread please.
You could use some of these threads to teach whole semesters of social psych. I love how "trust the coaches" has evolved into a "support the troops" level bailout. Cam never put himself in a position to need a bailout lol. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
I took that video to mean “Sigh, okay enough time to get one more…”

Was Hurley trying to tell us something with the message on the white board?

“Hard time create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.”

I’ve been binging on to many spy shows…

Reaction Score
Hope Koby is happy with his choice and has a kick ass year. He deserves it.UConn made the right decision with Aidan

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I took that video to mean “Sigh, okay enough time to get one more…”

Was Hurley trying to tell us something with the message on the white board?

“Hard time create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.”

I’ve been binging on to many spy shows…
I see that saying in every political comment section on yt. Its cliche already.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I'm late to the party on this comment, but you're spot on. IQ through the roof for his age, good size, dynamite shooter, great culture fit. Doesn't turn the ball over, does everything else pretty well. Coachable. Winner.
Some analysts think McNeeley is closer to a top 5 freshman than a top 15 freshman.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about Mahaney's assist numbers much. He wasn't their PG and they run a super slow offense. The fact his A/TO ratio was solid is good.
Mahaney certainly was their point guard in our ncaa game that I just rewatched. The ball was in his hands all the time. Stats weren't different. 30+ min 2.0 assists Who was their point guard this year that changed his role?

Reaction Score
Mahaney certainly was their point guard in our ncaa game that I just rewatched. The ball was in his hands all the time. Stats weren't different. 30+ min 2.0 assists Who was their point guard this year that changed his role?
Augustas Marčiulionis, who is the son of former Lithuanian basketball player Sarunas Marčiulionis.

Reaction Score

From what I've watched he's a guard the way Cam is a guard. He's perfectly capable of leading possessions, but better suited to an off-ball role makong reads and getting shots off.

We may train him up to lead the team, but it will take some work.

Reaction Score
Does he look 6 ft 3 to you? He seems smaller than that. My guess is he is actually between 6'1 and 6'2.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing from my sources that Kentucky was all in on Brea from the start. They didn't want anyone else. We only got the guys they didn't want. They aren't bitter at all.
If you've seen their SB Nation site they tout how "Brea chose UK over the likes of UConn, Duke, etc." as if any of those others actually offered.

It seems we were in on Brea until AM declared for the portal and we wanted (and needed) AM because we needed a complete player more than a guy who is only a shooter.

Reaction Score
If you've seen their SB Nation site they tout how "Brea chose UK over the likes of UConn, Duke, etc." as if any of those others actually offered.

It seems we were in on Brea until AM declared for the portal and we wanted (and needed) AM because we needed a complete player more than a guy who is only a shooter.
How did UConn not offer him? Brea and Mahaney entered the portal a day apart from each other, CBB media has said that once Mahaney committed they were not gonna take Brea as well.

Reaction Score
Would have been more fun if we helped Brea secure a larger NIL deal from Kentucky by playing along a little longer and not being so honest with him.

Reaction Score

They've been a blue blood so long the color has faded to Indiana red.

College Sports Hype GIF by Indiana Hoosiers

Reaction Score
Tate actually played really well for the Nets. Chuck Daly just hated his style (he literally said, “I don’t like his game”) and didn’t play him enough. Killed Tate’s career. He went on to be an absolutely deadly scorer in the CBA. His game became almost unrecognizable. I still believe Tate would have spent 10+years in the NBA if he’d been in a better situation.

Also, Tate's "teammate" Derek Coleman was still salty over Syracuse's losses to UConn and froze Tate out.

Tate was not an all-star or anything, but freaking Michael Adams and Dana Barros had 10-year careers in the league. Tate could have had that too, in a better situation.

Reaction Score

Yeah Hurley even mentioned that in his recent interview in that Aidan was more of a complete offensive player that the staff felt they needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom