Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And you base this "failure" on what? Some guys work out some don't. Hurley isn't gonna hit on every single recruit or portal transfer, altho it seems lately he has been.
I don't even think we missed on Romoglou. He was brought in at the very end of a recruiting cycle when we had two empty schollies. He was most likely brought in to be a practice player and a break glass in case of emergency player, without expecting someone to sit on the bench who thought he should be in the rotation playing that role.

I wish him nothing but the best, and it was absolutely fun to see his skills in his garbage time appearances. But I have no reason to think Hurley "swung" on him in the first place.

Reaction Score
Loop Trump GIF

BTW, Castle was a top 10 freshman that played a big role in the championship. But you keep doing you-you fit in well with the delusional and bitter Kentucky fans :D

Reaction Score
Wish we still tried to bring him in but oh well. Seems the roster is set. Now what do we do until November lol

Reaction Score
This is why i belive the staff kind of failed Roumagolou. I give Brea a little more credit than you in this post, but I agree with the general sentiment, and think Roumagolou could have been groomed to take on that role.

I don't think they missed at all. I think he just wasn't in their plans. If Brea was an actual target, which means a perceived need, what is the reason Roumagolou was looked over for that role?

He was groomed as a bench piece on two national championship teams. Roumoglou would've needed to beat out Solo and Ross for that expanded role. Solo has already proven he can contribute and Ross has a higher ceiling.

If we didn't bring in McNeeley and lost AK. He might've have been able to be a contributor on the wing. But that wasn't the case.

He entered the portal but can technical come back if we don't fill the last scholarship. Seems like he portaled for an opportunity to play.

Reaction Score
Targeting only one of Mahoney/Brea feels like a sign of what the staff thinks they have with Ball next season.
bingo. Probably bout time to close this thread as they pretty much said "we're done"

Reaction Score
That Brea is weak on defense suggests he may not be much of a team guy, and that would rule him out with this staff.

Reaction Score
That Brea is weak on defense suggests he may not be much of a team guy, and that would rule him out with this staff.
I wonder if they're concerned about having too many so-so defensive players. Last year only Cam was iffy in 1-on-1 D (though his team defense was excellent), with Castle, Newton, and Clingan being great to exceptional defenders and Karaban being pretty good.

Diarra is stout defensively, though smaller than Castle. Mahaney and McNeeley, who knows. The former is definitely on the smaller side. And there's no Clingan. Reed is OK, Johnson blocks shots but is easily overpowered.

I wonder if the staff is prioritizing Ball at the backup guard position for his strength and defense over a guy like Brea.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they're concerned about having too many so-so defensive players. Last year only Cam was iffy in 1-on-1 D (though his team defense was excellent), with Castle, Newton, and Clingan being great to exceptional defenders and Karaban being pretty good.

Diarra is stout defensively, though smaller than Castle. Mahaney and McNeeley, who knows. The former is definitely on the smaller side. And there's no Clingan. Reed is OK, Johnson blocks shots but is easily overpowered.

I wonder if the staff is prioritizing Ball at the backup guard position for his strength and defense over a guy like Brea.
Newton wasn’t a very good 1v1 defender either.

Reaction Score
You’re looking too far into this. The staff wanted one and Mahaney is just the better player. Had Mahaney chosen UK, Brea would likely be a husky.
Disagree, had Mahaney not come the staff would've moved on to Shulga or another guard who can handle.

Mahaney is definitely the better player though, he's much better than Brea and fits our team much better.

Reaction Score
Disagree, had Mahaney not come the staff would've moved on to Shulga or another guard who can handle.

Mahaney is definitely the better player though, he's much better than Brea and fits our team much better.
So basically we had no interest in Brea as a player, but had him out here for a visit? I’m not sure I agree with that.

Reaction Score
Targeting only one of Mahoney/Brea feels like a sign of what the staff thinks they have with Ball next season.
Maybe and, of the two, Mahaney is the more versatile player and someone you'd more likely trust with the ball in his hands.

That skill was key to the success we had last year because the opponents didn't know who to focus on when there were three different players on the court capable of bringing the ball up.

Reaction Score
He spent four years coming off the bench at Dayton. Dayton. Dayton in the Atlantic 10. That Dayton. After four years in the Atlantic 10, he finally cracked a double digit scoring average as a senior. (He only averaged seven points a game as a junior.)

There’s a reason why Mahaney is a top 20 transfer and Brea is around #100 - it’s because Mahaney is just significantly better. Different orbit.
LOL and just a few pages ago you were pouting calling me a big meanie for saying he’s overhyped. You’re such a clown dude.

Reaction Score
He’d play a huge role. I just don’t know how much that helps for NBA. This ain’t 1994 any longer
Remember when Tate George got drafted in the 1st round by the Nets, soley on his Sr year during the Dream Season? Then halfway through his rookie year, Nets scouts were giving anonymous quotes that he wasn't quick enough for the NBA? Those days are long gone it seems.

Reaction Score
So basically we had no interest in Brea as a player, but had him out here for a visit? I’m not sure I agree with that.
It certainly wasn't an either or with them. Mahaney was our priority and if we didn't get him we would've brought in another guard who can handle.

Reaction Score
It certainly wasn't an either or with them. Mahaney was our priority and if we didn't get him we would've brought in another guard who can handle.
Ya, Norlander said this morning that we had another visit scheduled, but we cancelled after Mahaney committed. He wouldn't say who, but I'd guess Shulga.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
One, that makes no sense. Two, why do folks feel the need to denigrate someone we looked at just when for whatever reason he doesn't end up here? I really don't get it.

It's asinine but will always be the case until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom