Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
One, that makes no sense. Two, why do folks feel the need to denigrate someone we looked at just when for whatever reason he doesn't end up here? I really don't get it.
It’s not even like he spurned us for someone else. We literally took our top choice instead of him when all indications are he wanted to come here.

Reaction Score
So basically we had no interest in Brea as a player, but had him out here for a visit? I’m not sure I agree with that.
My guess is that the price (likely money, but perhaps his desired role) made the rethink their plans. Mahaney in hand made them less willing to negotiate with Brea.

Reaction Score
We can close the book on Brea (unless someting new)....only open issue it seems for next season is AK.

If AK comes back to UConn we're set, if AK stays in the draft then it's back to the portal.

Reaction Score
We can close the book on Brea (unless someting new)....only open issue it seems for next season is AK.

If AK comes back to UConn we're set, if AK stays in the draft then it's back to the portal.
I think it’s as simple as that tbh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are you tall enough to play the stretch 4?
Sure if he stretches.
Stretch Armstrong 90S GIF

Reaction Score
Danny and staff got their priority targets within a timeframe that happened around and shortly after Brea's visit. I'm sure Danny had a hunch as to Brea's "wish to showcase his game" and where his NIL target was. Simply not a Program fit -cultural fit as compared to Mahaney's fit. Had to get the Mahaney commit before you can turn the page. Can hear Danny saying- If you think Pope is your guy and you can accomplish your objectives. More power to you. We're focused on a 3peat around here.

Reaction Score
Danny and staff got their priority targets within a timeframe that happened around and shortly after Brea's visit. I'm sure Danny had a hunch as to Brea's "wish to showcase his game" and where his NIL target was. Simply not a Program fit -cultural fit as compared to Mahaney's fit. Had to get the Mahaney commit before you can turn the page. Can hear Danny saying- If you think Pope is your guy and you can accomplish your objectives. More power to you. We're focused on a 3peat around here.
Based on everything we've heard from credible sources, Brea and his family were not a hassle at all and were fully on board. It had nothing to do with culture or program fit. There was just not enough space.

Reaction Score
Based on everything we've heard from credible sources, Brea and his family were not a hassle at all and were fully on board. It had nothing to do with culture or program fit. There was just not enough space.
I believe that Mahaney was always the priority over Brea and that Danny will obviously leave his last roster spot for AK . Since he appears to be limiting roster size to 12. Haven't heard about Brea being fully on board but I'll assume the credible sources know what they're talking about. Brea has been talking with Pope since before the UConn visit.

It's ok. Very happy with Mahaney.

Reaction Score
Remember when Tate George got drafted in the 1st round by the Nets, soley on his Sr year during the Dream Season? Then halfway through his rookie year, Nets scouts were giving anonymous quotes that he wasn't quick enough for the NBA? Those days are long gone it seems.
Tate actually played really well for the Nets. Chuck Daly just hated his style (he literally said, “I don’t like his game”) and didn’t play him enough. Killed Tate’s career. He went on to be an absolutely deadly scorer in the CBA. His game became almost unrecognizable. I still believe Tate would have spent 10+years in the NBA if he’d been in a better situation.

Reaction Score
The Koby criticism is weird and not warranted.
Actually simply an opinion. Not a criticism. I'll move on to other subjects but I stand by my opinion that Dan got his priority targets.

Reaction Score
Tate actually played really well for the Nets. Chuck Daly just hated his style (he literally said, “I don’t like his game”) and didn’t play him enough. Killed Tate’s career. He went on to be an absolutely deadly scorer in the CBA. His game became almost unrecognizable. I still believe Tate would have spent 10+years in the NBA if he’d been in a better situation.
Describe really well. That is not my recollection at all. His career numbers certainly don't back that up. He just couldn't defend well enough to stay on the floor.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The Koby criticism is weird and not warranted.
Talented kid but not a UConn kid. We need to be 100% sure the kids are coming here for the right reasons. The selflessness, team orientation, are why we’re the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
One, that makes no sense. Two, why do folks feel the need to denigrate someone we looked at just when for whatever reason he doesn't end up here? I really don't get it.
They used to call it “sour grapes “, but now I’m not sure what they call it. Unfortunate immaturity, maybe?

Reaction Score
It's asinine but will always be the case until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
What about when pigs have wings?

Reaction Score

Describe really well. That is not my recollection at all. His career numbers certainly don't back that up. He just couldn't defend well enough to stay on the floor.

When he got minutes he produced. He didn’t get many minutes. He had several 10-20 point games when given the chance and he always took care of the ball. He was a little before his time. His game was a lot like Tristen Newton’s.

I believe he led the CBA in scoring for a few years. I can’t find the CBA stats.

Reaction Score
"He is the best player coming off the bench at an A-10 school" is terrible slander.

I differentiate between talking about someone as a player and as a person. Criticism of his game is fair, doing the same to his character isn’t, especially when it is unfounded and based on unsubstantiated “word is...”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom