OT: - Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Outside of his ability to play basketball, what exactly made him an "incredible human" ?
His impact on millions if not billions of people. He was a loving and devoted father. Just look at the outpouring of gratitude and thanks that his peers and fellow competitors have been showing.

Have you lived under a rock for the last 30 years?

Reaction Score
Kobe was a CHAMPION for Women's Basketball, among his many other talents. If you can't see and respect that, I suggest you do some research/self-reflection.

Reaction Score
I wish Gigi’s honorary jersey had the Big East logo on it! It would be great to retire a number for her and make some sort of memorial at Gampel.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Crying again.
I hope I'm not the only one that has literally cried over this tragedy. These things aren't supposed to happen. As a golf guy, I remember the day Payne Stewart passed in a plane crash. This has a similar feeling in a way. An individual that touched way more lives than they ever actually had known. This hits so hard. It's hard to fathom. I just don't want to believe it.

Reaction Score
My eyes well up when I read the stories and watch the videos about Kobe. I think the fragility of life is magnified so much more when someone with Kobe’s body, money and success passes. If it can happen to him, we are all very vulnerable.

For me, it creates a really sickening feeling because he will not only be missed, but he reminds me of my own mortality. As a father, my mortality scares me, as does the mortality of my kids. As a son, my parents mortality scares me and as a husband my wife’s mortality scares me. When someone like Kobe dies you can’t help but subconsciously feel like you are on borrowed time. It is sad and depressing.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm not the only one that has literally cried over this tragedy. These things aren't supposed to happen. As a golf guy, I remember the day Payne Stewart passed in a plane crash. This has a similar feeling in a way. An individual that touched way more lives than they ever actually had known. This hits so hard. It's hard to fathom. I just don't want to believe it.
People all over the world have been crying. I was a Kobe hater, rooted against him his entire career and I'm totally broken up over this. It's sad when anyone is cut down way too early but this effects so many more people than Payne Stewart or almost any other public person who has ever left us early.

Kobe was an international superstar and the most popular person ever in the city of LA. He's an international cultural icon who is basically only eclipsed by Jordan. It went from being incredibly sad to a horrific tragedy when we found out his daughter was with him...Everyone says they love all their kids the same but you could tell the love they had for each other was different, they had a special bond. Add 7 more young people cut short and it's just too much.

I really hope Kobe and those other parents didn't know it was coming. I can't imagine what it would be like knowing what's coming and not being able to protect your daughter.

Reaction Score
People all over the world have been crying. I was a Kobe hater, rooted against him his entire career and I'm totally broken up over this. It's sad when anyone is cut down way too early but this effects so many more people than Payne Stewart or almost any other public person who has ever left us early.

Kobe was an international superstar and the most popular person ever in the city of LA. He's an international cultural icon who is basically only eclipsed by Jordan. It went from being incredibly sad to a horrific tragedy when we found out his daughter was with him...Everyone says they love all their kids the same but you could tell the love they had for each other was different, they had a special bond. Add 7 more young people cut short and it's just too much.

I really hope Kobe and those other parents didn't know it was coming. I can't imagine what it would be like knowing what's coming and not being able to protect your daughter.

I think they went pretty quick, slammed into the side of the mountain before they knew what was happening. Really tragic and avoidable, they should never have been given clearance to fly when other flights had been grounded for the fog and low cloud cover.

Reaction Score
1580180319750.png

Reaction Score
The Ringer on Twitter: "There’s a moment from Kobe’s final game that few people saw and nobody really remembers … but @miketirico won’t ever forget it. https://post original url/prJGObG58y" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Gordon Hayward last night confirmed that this is BS. He didn't do it intentionally.
Yep, I should have known that was bogus. Kobe also would've hated that as Hayward points out.

Reaction Score
Such an incredible tragedy.

A woman lost her husband and daughter and survives with three daughters.
Two children lost both of their parents and sister.
A husband lost his wife and daughter and remains with his two sons.
A husband lost his wife and must now care for his three young children alone.

People are shocked and asking why. The weather was so bad that the police grounded their choppers. Someone or some people placed these children in an extremely risky situation. Far too risky to fly a chopper. And that is probably why 9 people perished.

Reaction Score
Such an incredible tragedy.

A woman lost her husband and daughter and survives with three daughters.
Two children lost both of their parents and sister.
A husband lost his wife and daughter and remains with his two sons.
A husband lost his wife and must now care for his three young children alone.

People are shocked and asking why. The weather was so bad that the police grounded their choppers. Someone or some people placed these children in an extremely risky situation. Far too risky to fly a chopper. And that is probably why 9 people perished.
The pilot is supposed to make a final decision. Not sure what made him decide to go for it

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I read that Kobe and his wife made a pact earlier not to fly on the chopper together, and that Kobe would only fly with that pilot .... taking a chopper to avoid traffic so he could spend more time with his family.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69