KO: "We are the angriest team in America" | The Boneyard

KO: "We are the angriest team in America"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Thought this deserved a thread of its own. Love how hungry and upset this team and coach are. They know they can do much better and hopefully they can channel that energy into angry rebounds, tough buckets, and aggressive defense.

Let's get that W tomorrow and show Ohio State we want it more.

Reaction Score
I Love it. I think KO is a better coach when he has a chip on his shoulder. Look at 2012-2013 when we were banned from the tournament and that team opened up the season with a win vs MSU in Ollie's coaching debut and had a relatively good season and would have been in the tournament if it wasnt for the ban. Obviously they used that motivation to carry over and lead them to the title in 2014.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If they took 30 seconds reading the stupidity and talk being thrown at them on this board and got a tenth as fired up as I do, they'll be all set

They lost at home to 2-5 Wagner, RPI 258
They lost at home to 4-5 Northeastern, RPI 239
They struggled with D II Charminade
They struggled with 4-5 BU (239) and 3-3 Loyola Marymount (299)

Our RPI may be an all-time low at 210

What to you expect this board to say? We're as angry as they are

Although we're still here, we're not giving up, we filled MSG and we're hoping for the best

Go Huskies

Reaction Score
The Cuse win gave us an opportunity even though we shot like crap and held on for the win. We need to to win this away game against a power 5 team that even though they lost a bad one has lost at Virginia by 2 points in a game they should have won. If we beat a top team that can play at that level we can get in the tourney as long as we do business the rest of the way. They stumbled but they have multiple opportunities and we simply do not. But I honestly don't know if we have the shooting ability on this team to get that done no matter how good D or how hard we play, the ball has to go through he net. The players and KO did have a chip on the shoulder in 2014 but we had guys that really could shoot and so far we do not have that. What about our foul shooting that year? Spectacular. I get that we are wounded and KO says we have enough but this is reality. How about we shoot 45% from the field and 80% from the line today?

Reaction Score
If that's what carries them through. Hell yeah. Let's see it happen today, no slow starts anymore.

Reaction Score
They should put the team in front of a video camera and record them talking about how angry and disappointed they feel so they can play it before cupcake games on the future.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thought this deserved a thread of its own. Love how hungry and upset this team and coach are.
I'm far from loving this quote, it rings so hollow it verges on Diaco territory.

Last edited:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You guys get that this was in response to a question about "catching an angry team?" He's basically taking away the threat of catching a team after a bad loss by suggesting if that were a concern they should be more worried about us given our losses.

C

Chief00

Hoping this attitude is what ALL the players and Assistant coaches have.

UConn MBB has always been about physical/mental toughness, sense of urgency and skill through hard work. When you stand out of bounds to catch the ball you don't check any of these boxes.

But, I love UConn MBB - the players and coaches - so let's get to the grind now. I actually got in a big argument when someone said the only way we could make the tournament was by winning the conference championship - I have not given up on them - but the time is NOW. From tipoff.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Don't mess with angry husky!
husky-19418441.jpg

Reaction Score
This is the typical situation when UConn makes noise. When people doubt us and are out of the spotlight UConn puts in work. With a young team, freshman are more likely to accept their roles. A freshman like Vital, doesn't seem to care about how many points he gets. He's more concerned about getting the W.

Long story short: Freshman are alright with not being the superhero, they just need a leader to follow. Refer back to 2011 if needed.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
After the job the zebras pulled tonight, they probably are the angriest team in America.

Reaction Score
I'm really not pissed at all losing tonight. Call it adjusted expectations, but this team is getting better; OLLIE is coaching much better and considering the resources we have thanks to injuries at this point - a win would have been a gift.

Improvement. That's what I want to see. Syracuse was kind of a gutty win. Tonight we played just fine. Had some crappy refs, did what this team should be expected to do - which is bone head young team stuff... but otherwise played perfectly 'fine' basketball.

Reaction Score
They were angry enough to cover the spread for probably the first time all season

Reaction Score
I'm really not pissed at all losing tonight. Call it adjusted expectations, but this team is getting better; OLLIE is coaching much better and considering the resources we have thanks to injuries at this point - a win would have been a gift.

Improvement. That's what I want to see. Syracuse was kind of a gutty win. Tonight we played just fine. Had some crappy refs, did what this team should be expected to do - which is bone head young team stuff... but otherwise played perfectly 'fine' basketball.

Pretty much the way I saw the game too. Love to win these and think they will at some point this year, but they played hard and pretty decent basketball more consistently in this one. Away venue, good crowd, had a real rough 10-12 minute stretch in the 2nd half but were still in it to the last minute. I'm afraid these are the moral victories we will need to settle for or else people are going to have a real long year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom