KO talks 2016 recruits and more | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KO talks 2016 recruits and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Even the guy from Putnam is not really a big dude; more a wirery guy. Larrier may be tough but he is pretty thin. The coaches seem to be in denial about having a legit strong guy who can move bodies around. Maybe it's because they all were guards.
I think Durham, if healthy, is the guy everyone is underestimating. He could be a real match up problem. I was thinking redshirt due to surgery but KO seems to be more optimistic!

Strength and attitude (toughness) is the key to me. Roscoe was wiry but strong, and not afraid to mix it up. Effective player. Or looking elsewhere, Dennis Rodman is a good example of this.

I'm not a doctor, nor privy to Durham's medical situation, so take this with a grain of salt. But I was really hoping he was going to redshirt. I'm always leery of (relative) bigs coming back from multiple knee (or back or foot) injuries. I wanted a full year of rehab to really get those legs strong. This wouldn't burn a year of eligibility on 'coming back rehab'.

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Durham. Just cautious about what we have. We've seen guys like Omar, AJP, Brimah, Purvis etc struggle in their first year back from a significant injury or surgery. Durham was a top shelf stud prior to the knee issues.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One need not have a big body to be a great rebounder.

Dennis Rodman, one of the best rebounders in the history of basketball, was not big. He just knew where the ball was going, and he was quicker to the ball than anyone else.

Haha, I too referenced Rodman in a post before I even read yours.

Closer to home, Roscoe was a solid rebounder as well. Or look at Daniel Hamilton.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Who's to say they didn't take this picture during the year they take these in September so he's had 6-7 months in the gym. He won't be huge but if he's even Facey that's fine if he has more game. Let's face it he's not a power forward but Deandre was skinnier and filled in when needed.

I agree,just getting sick of all the skinny guys, except when they play like dham or Daniels.wouldnt mind seeing a couple 6'7" -6'8 wide bodies without sticks for arms banging inside.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree,just getting sick of all the skinny guys, except when they play like dham or Daniels.wouldnt mind seeing a couple 6'7" -6'8 wide bodies without sticks for arms banging inside.

After watching Villanova out-muscle the team that out-muscled us, I think we need more strength. Sometimes sheer mass matters. Ochefu...man what a beast, but the whole team has a lot of guys over 225.

Reaction Score
Look at Roberson though for Cuse (yech) he is killing people.

Also, remember um Kevin Freeman?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at Roberson though for Cuse (yech) he is killing people.

Also, remember um Kevin Freeman?

I remember Lymon Depriest. He was a terror for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom