KO Speech today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KO Speech today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just pointing out some hypocrisy. I actually appreciate the image, as it reminds me very quickly that I should probably ignore whatever post appears to the right of it.

Your're absolutely right on two accounts. You should ignore what I say. You probably wouldn't be able to understand it anyways. And my Avatar is my biggest weakness. :D

Reaction Score
I found it funny that he made a grammatical error in his post in which he critiqued Ollie's grammatical error. It was a joke, wasn't meant to make the guy feel like crap, or meant to piss you off, so I'm sorry if any of that happened, because it wasn't my intention. I understand tone and inflection is damn near impossible to pick up on when reading a comment as opposed to hearing somebody say it out loud, so I'm sure had I made my comment in real life, it would have come across better. Not to mention I'm pretty charismatic in real life, you guys would all love me. ;)

I made one typo on my post. That's a little different than numerous grammatical errors in Ollie's speech. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Reaction Score
I think what some of us are saying is, if he consistently gets his point across with as much poise and passion as he did yesterday, the people hearing him speak aren't going to be thinking about an occassional grammar mistake.

I understand that, but he said "public speaking skills". Clearly, Ollie has some port public speaking skills. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Reaction Score
The irony of you talking about someone having their head in the sand...

LOL, what? Care to explain that one further? I don't think pointing out Ollie's grammatical mistakes that were clearly evident means that I have my head in the sand.

Reaction Score
I understand that, but he said "public speaking skills". Clearly, Ollie has some port public speaking skills. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

We may be arguing semantics at this point, but I would disagree with this. What's the purpose of the speech? If the purpose of yesterday's was to get people excited and give a great first impression, wouldn't just about everyone agree that he passed with flying colors?

After hearing him speak yesterday, I'm supremely confident that he'll be able to, at the very least, motivate players and convince recruits that Uconn's a great place. A poor public speaker wouldn't be able to do that.

Reaction Score
We may be arguing semantics at this point, but I would disagree with this. What's the purpose of the speech? If the purpose of yesterday's was to get people excited and give a great first impression, wouldn't just about everyone agree that he passed with flying colors?

After hearing him speak yesterday, I'm supremely confident that he'll be able to, at the very least, motivate players and convince recruits that Uconn's a great place. A poor public speaker wouldn't be able to do that.

I think we're just arguing about different things. Obviously he did as well as anyone could expect yesterday, but he does have certain public speakings skills that are poor right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom