KO quote on recruiting | The Boneyard

KO quote on recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/daniel-hamilton-leaving-uconn-never.html

(on recruiting focuses)

“We’ve got a couple of players that we’re looking (at). We’re just trying to add some spots. My job is to evaluate the program ... We have a couple that’s right on the brink, and hopefully we’ll get some good news here soon.”

Aside from Miller, I'm curious who the other(s) 2015 players that KO is referring to. If they are right on the brink, hopefully KO and staff can seal the deal.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/04/daniel-hamilton-leaving-uconn-never.html

(on recruiting focuses)

“We’ve got a couple of players that we’re looking (at). We’re just trying to add some spots. My job is to evaluate the program ... We have a couple that’s right on the brink, and hopefully we’ll get some good news here soon.”

Aside from Miller, I'm curious who the other(s) 2015 players that KO is referring to. If they are right on the brink, hopefully KO and staff can seal the deal.
Ending the night on a positive note... Thanks TCF.... Time to dream of 5 star recruits ballin in Storrs

Reaction Score
read the comment below, some db

Wow... did chap actually criticize someone's spelling? I mean... he's correct, but also so very, very wrong...

Reaction Score
Maybe this is KO's 2015 target:

Joshua E Parrott ‏@JoshuaParrott 6m6 minutes ago
LSU, Nevada, Temple, UConn involved w/ 2015 F James Thompson. 23 PPG/12 RPG/4 BPG for @RIPBBall. Louisiana native. Ex-South Carolina signee.

He was a 2014 recruit for South Carolina but got arrested before the season started. If you look back to the courant article on Shonn Miller, it stated that Glen Miller was sent to New Orleans. I'm guessing that was to get a look at Thompson.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe this is KO's 2015 target:

Joshua E Parrott ‏@JoshuaParrott 6m6 minutes ago
LSU, Nevada, Temple, UConn involved w/ 2015 F James Thompson. 23 PPG/12 RPG/4 BPG for @RIPBBall. Louisiana native. Ex-South Carolina signee.

He was a 2014 recruit for South Carolina but got arrested before the season started. If you look back to the courant article on Shonn Miller, it stated that Glen Miller was sent to New Orleans. I'm guessing that was to get a look at Thompson.

If we're being honest here, I'd rather not. If the staff wants to sign a 3-star PF, they can find one without a history of punching women in the face (according to this source: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140611/PC20/140619858). Plus, all Frank Martin mentions him doing is blocking shots, and we already have quite a bit of that on our roster currently.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think Miller saw him - Miller went to New Orleans and while the kid is from Baton Rouge, he's doing a post-grad year at something called "Reno International Prep" in Nevada.

I hope this is a case of someone putting UConn on the list to pretty it up.

Reaction Score
I hope its not this Thompson kid. Hes 6'8 210, PF. Do we need another skinny PF? I thnk Ollie def meant Miller or Harris and I hope a guard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't think Miller saw him - Miller went to New Orleans and while the kid is from Baton Rouge, he's doing a post-grad year at something called "Reno International Prep" in Nevada.
I've lived in Reno for the past 10 years and love basketball and have never heard of Reno International Prep. I decided to google them and it's definitely a shady looking basketball factory. http://renointernationalprep.itsmyplay.com/about. The coach is an odd looking character.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope its not this Thompson kid. Hes 6'8 210, PF. Do we need another skinny PF? I thnk Ollie def meant Miller or Harris and I hope a guard.
Miller is an inch shorter at that weight?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we sign this kid Thompson I'll take 5 Boneyarders out to my local bar and buy them shots of Dubra to ease the pain.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No mystery target in New Orleans....

Miller went to scout a UA event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics