KO on ESPN Radio | The Boneyard

KO on ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO is on Hahn and Humpty on ESPN radio right now.

Highlights right now:
-Coming from S. Central to Storrs was a shocker.
-Loves Geno and he's been a big help so far and is always there for support.
-Calhoun is a father figure and taught him how to push when he has nothing left which he now does with the kids.

They brought up the Knicks job and any NBA job and he said he's happy where he is right now, he has a Top 10 class coming in and has his family local and has Calhoun and Geno right there and he has no plans on leaving. If the right situation ever came up down the road it'd be something he has to consider with his family but he's not thinking that right now.

Now talking social media and the effects it has on recruiting, etc.

Went on to compliment the new AD and says we have the best President in Herbst there is.

For all of his flaws or non-flaws this year he is really a great ambassador for the program, a great interview and comes across as a genuine person who isn't just speaking "media speak."

Hahn and Humpty said they do want to run through a wall for him now after talking to him and that they can tell he wants to be more than a coach to the kids, he wants to be a father figure in the way Calhoun was.

Interview over.

Reaction Score
He was also on Colin Cowherd's show yesterday, can't find a link at the moment...

Reaction Score
I think KO's career is off to a great start, but that is what it is -- a start. The only thing I would like to see show real improvement over the next few years (and no, it's not screaming at the refs) is adding more (well, actually some) player and ball movement to the offense. There has to be a middle ground between running a flex or a motion offense, on the one hand, and the pure NBA "let a good player make a play" offense that we currently seem fixed on.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Kevin doing a media tour I see, this has to be great for getting our program out there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think KO's career is off to a great start, but that is what it is -- a start. The only thing I would like to see show real improvement over the next few years (and no, it's not screaming at the refs) is adding more (well, actually some) player and ball movement to the offense. There has to be a middle ground between running a flex or a motion offense, on the one hand, and the pure NBA "let a good player make a play" offense that we currently seem fixed on.
Especially since the best team in the NBA is currently running the best motion offense in the history of motion offenses. GS ball movement is incredible.

On the plus side, their off-ball movement in the AAC tournament was much improved from mid-late season's relative stagnation.

Reaction Score
I've tried, unsuccessfully, to describe my problem with offense all year. This is exactly my feelings and far, far better than any way I've tried to explain it. Where were you when I was on my third beer arguing with buddies?

Reaction Score
Stamford obviously gets more than Philadelphia.

But we are talking ball movement & motion offense ... in that market you can get a whiz for a few bucks, good Connecticut pizza & a turkey ketchup sandwich.

Reaction Score
The only thing I would like to see show real improvement over the next few years (and no, it's not screaming at the refs) is adding more (well, actually some) player and ball movement to the offense. There has to be a middle ground between running a flex or a motion offense, on the one hand, and the pure NBA "let a good player make a play" offense that we currently seem fixed on.
I would disagree that their offense is merely "let a good player make a play." There isn't enough ball movement, but the offense is far more complicated than that.

You could watch DHam take off the ball screens from the weakside and catch the ball at the foul line extended. Ideally there should be enough space there for a shot or penetration, but there often wasn't. We ran pick and rolls/pops too, a great deal, which is the very basis of the Golden State offense, which really isn't so much a "motion" offense as a "everyone can shoot" offense, and so you have a player stationed in each corner waiting for passes, and then Curry/Thompson getting a pick outside the 3 point line and causing chaos from the defense there.

Our offense is NBA based, and it has, sadly, often devolved--all four years--into hoping Bazz/Boat/Gibbs/Hamilton could bail us out. But it's a pretty successful offense when run well.

We just didn't have the horses to run it well, yet, except for a late 2014 when Daniels got healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom