KO must be seeing something in practice... | The Boneyard

KO must be seeing something in practice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How does Brimah get so much PT with complete inability to rebound/catch passes and Facey usually has a one foul hook? Yes he blocks shots but with no one grabbing boards those blocks turn into layups for the other team.

Reaction Score
Ollie really has no options at the big. We knew it would be brutal at the start of the season, but I'm sure many didn't think it would be this brutal down low. Olander is our best option only because he knows how to play Div 1 basketball. We still are a 4 man team offensively which makes us easier to defend. I notice also that DD is on the perimeter a lot, or is not apt to bang down low, which gives our opponents better rebounding opportunities. Its a complex problem that we will probably have to live (i.e. play) with the rest of the season.

We need help down low and when Ollie looks up and down the bench there is no savior or upgrades. Sorry but that's UConn 2013-2014. Can't spin it any other way.

Reaction Score
How many passes and rebounds went straight thru Brimah's hands? So painful to watch a pass to him. The dribble penetration and pass to the box down low really looked like it was working...except Brimah couldn't catch the ball (one time DD didn't catch a sweet pass from Bazz down low). So I was really hoping KO would pull Brimah and put in any big who can catch a pass and dunk it. I think Facey or Nolan needed a chance, considering the results we were getting. Why? Because that was the best thing we had going for us and it wasn't working at all because of Brimah's terrible hands.

Reaction Score
His hands must be huge. How does the ball keep escaping!

Reaction Score
The backup quarterback is always the most popular player on a team. Until he actually plays. Facey played I think 2 minutes. In those 2 minutes he missed a shot, gave up an offensive rebound, and committed a foul. Essentially each time he's gotten a very short chance to play against a real team, he's done nothing. Brimah is a major offensive liability and he is a poor rebounder. But he at least gives us the potential to block a shot.

Reaction Score
How does Brimah get so much PT with complete inability to rebound/catch passes and Facey usually has a one foul hook? Yes he blocks shots but with no one grabbing boards those blocks turn into layups for the other team.

Look at TO's #'s and how many minutes he played today vs. Brimah. How can you be 6' 10" and only get ONE REBOUND in 25 minutes? Brimah is a way better option at this point and it isn't even close. Don't even try to defend TO's defense because it is absolutely horrendous.

Reaction Score
Bad passes doesn't mean he has bad hands. You don't rifle passes from 5' away at his waist. Throw it high.
There was one play where Boat threw him an alley-oop. He grabs the ball, brings it down and then loses it. You could see Boat barking at him. I do agree that Brimah needs more playing time. Perhaps the passes will not seem like hot potatoes after awhile.

Reaction Score
Look at TO's #'s and how many minutes he played today vs. Brimah. How can you be 6' 10" and only get ONE REBOUND in 25 minutes? Brimah is a way better option at this point and it isn't even close. Don't even try to defend TO's defense because it is absolutely horrendous.
You at least have to guard Tyler though. Teams don't guard Brimah and why would you? People wonder why Neils/ DD can't get open? We're essentially going 4 on 5 with him out there.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bad passes doesn't mean he has bad hands. You don't rifle passes from 5' away at his waist. Throw it high.

When he has the ball in his hands he drops it. The pass to DD might have had extra mustard on it, but Brimah can't catch a pass.

Reaction Score
Going way back now. I remember when I'd see a point guard needle-thread a pass through 3 defenders right into the hands of our HS big waiting under the basket, who would promptly mishandle it out of bounds. Everybody would be saying, "great pass man," to make the double point that 1. It took talent to make the pass, and 2. It sucks the big guy dropped it.

Meanwhile, I'd be the guy saying, "horrible pass. Firing a line drive to guy with known terrible hands is not a "great" pass. It's a crappy pass."

Is this a great pass?

Reaction Score
Going way back now. I remember when I'd see a point guard needle-thread a pass through 3 defenders right into the hands of our HS big waiting under the basket, who would promptly mishandle it out of bounds. Everybody would be saying, "great pass man," to make the double point that 1. It took talent to make the pass, and 2. It sucks the big guy dropped it.

Meanwhile, I'd be the guy saying, "horrible pass. Firing a line drive to guy with known terrible hands is not a "great" pass. It's a crappy pass."

Is this a great pass?

Great pass, kid really sucks.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Is this a great pass?
I could watch that video all day long. Love watching kids get dropped with a ball to the head. Have you seen this one? (notice the kid running down the sideline at the start of the video)

Reaction Score
Given the bigs at practice, game situation must be in another universe.

Reaction Score
The only active player on this team with the potential to be a lottery pick at some point is Brimah. He's raw, he can't catch a cold, he messes up the offense -- and he's still the one player whose development will mean the most to this team. If he can't catch it down low, throw it to him up high, if he doesn't understand the offense, simplify it. He's a game changer and he has to be allowed to develop. Growing pains are ugly, but our only hope of doing something special in March is to live with his mistakes in January. Appreciate what we have - you do not see someone that size with his athletic ability and high energy very often.

Reaction Score
How can you be 6' 10" and only get ONE REBOUND in 25 minutes?

I saw TO miss a rebound where the ball went through his hands right over his head. At that point, I just turned the TV off.

C

Chief00

A couple posters off line asked me to chime in. Quite frankly, you have to be patience with Bigs as freshmen and even as sophomores; but not as seniors ( at that point cut your loses... i.e. Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc