KO is the next Mike Davis! | The Boneyard

KO is the next Mike Davis!

Reaction Score
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...-still-nervous-replacing-bob-knight/97661976/

I really believe that KO is on the Mike Davis trajectory. He was great as a interim coach to get us through the storm but not the next man to build a program with all the pressure here and sustain it. Hopefully his days are mercifully numbered and KO can start at the bottom building a good career the way he should have done from the start. He preaches to his players about taking the stairs but he took the elevator to the top.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Davis has turned into a very good low-level head coach. He's led Texas Southern to 4 straight postseason appearances (3 NCAAs, 1 NIT), and has had his team in the postseason 8 times in the last 10 years – 4 with TxSO and 4 with UAB (3 NIT, 1 NCAA). He's had six 20-win seasons in that time, and only one losing season (though it looks very much like this year will be No. 2).

Obviously wasn't the right guy to lead a big program, but he eventually found his level. Hope the same happens for KO eventually.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Ollie is more suited for an NBA level position, though not as a head coach.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Davis has turned into a very good low-level head coach. He's led Texas Southern to 4 straight postseason appearances (3 NCAAs, 1 NIT), and has had his team in the postseason 8 times in the last 10 years – 4 with TxSO and 4 with UAB (3 NIT, 1 NCAA). He's had six 20-win seasons in that time, and only one losing season (though it looks very much like this year will be No. 2).

Obviously wasn't the right guy to lead a big program, but he eventually found his level. Hope the same happens for KO eventually.
I think having all the pressure is too much for a laid back and good natured guy like KO. I think if he could go to a smaller school with guys just happy playing division 1 ball that they might be willing to listen to KO’s preaching.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Agreed. I’ve maintained that he would be a very good NBA assistant coach. Just don’t believe he is suited to run a college program.
What would he be "very good" at as an NBA assistant?

Reaction Score
Mike Davis is still nervous about replacing Bob Knight

I really believe that KO is on the Mike Davis trajectory. He was great as a interim coach to get us through the storm but not the next man to build a program with all the pressure here and sustain it. Hopefully his days are mercifully numbered and KO can start at the bottom building a good career the way he should have done from the start. He preaches to his players about taking the stairs but he took the elevator to the top.
Agreed. Ollie is probably in the 75th percentile (better than 75% head coaches) we need someone in the 95th percentile or higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom