KO has put a lot of hype and expectations on Purvis | The Boneyard

KO has put a lot of hype and expectations on Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was quite a statement today --he wont be sticking around long. If Im guessing this right(listening to ollie's words)??? maybe Purvis in his third year plays similar to C J McCollum or Damian Lillard--that's kind of what Ollie is making him out to be. Those guys were both great by year 3--about the same size and both PG/SG.

Reaction Score
That was quite a statement today --he wont be sticking around long. If Im guessing this right(listening to ollie's words)??? maybe Purvis in his third year plays similar to C J McCollum or Damian Lillard--that's kind of what Ollie is making him out to be. Those guys were both great by year 3--about the same size and both PG/SG.

Such a strange collection of posts.

Reaction Score
This dude makes Jim Calhoun's hyperboles look mild.

Lay off the LSD.

Reaction Score
Such a strange collection of posts.

I don't know--but if you look at NBA draft history--not many 6-3 200 pds leave early unless they are avg around 20 points with reb and as. Can you name any 6-3 200 pd guards taken in the first 20 of their junior year without numbers close to that.

Reaction Score
Ollie like any other NCAA or NBA coach for that matter is not immune to hype talk. He's been around the best. Hell, his speech makes Brimah seem like Jabbar as a sophomore.

He may mean what he says, but I was always taught never to leave your brain in the bed when you wake up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know--but if you look at NBA draft history--not many 6-3 200 pds leave early unless they are avg around 20 points with reb and as. Can you name any 6-3 200 pd guards taken in the first 20 of their junior year without numbers close to that.

Are you sure he is 200? I thought he was bigger than that. Smart was 6-3 225 last year. Exum 6-5 190. If RP is more like the 6-3 210 I expect he is, and shows he can play PG, he's definitely capable of leaving early.

Reaction Score
Part of the HC's job is to sell the program, get people hyped for the upcoming season, etc. I know we dont need much of that coming off a title run, but its still part of his job to pitch the team, and what salesperson isnt prone to a bit of exaggeration every now and then? :D

Reaction Score
What position would Purvis play in the NBA? He is too small at 6'3" to play the 3 , has no experience at PG so I guess he would be a 2. This would mean he would have to be an outstanding shooter in the NBA. A lot of our scoring question marks would be solved if Purvis shoots a decent percentage from the outside. We know he can get to the rim but if he provides outside scoring we will be in for another outstanding season.
JC has taught me to ignore preseason coach's comments.

Reaction Score
What position would Purvis play in the NBA? He is too small at 6'3" to play the 3 , has no experience at PG so I guess he would be a 2. This would mean he would have to be an outstanding shooter in the NBA. A lot of our scoring question marks would be solved if Purvis shoots a decent percentage from the outside. We know he can get to the rim but if he provides outside scoring we will be in for another outstanding season.
JC has taught me to ignore preseason coach's comments.

I think scouts are going to be looking at Purvis to transition into a lead guard/PG type role in the NBA. 6'3" with short arms isn't going to really endear him to scouts as a SG, so besides him hopefully showing his scoring ability this season, he's gonna have to show an improved handle and good decision making out of pick an roll situations, creating both for himself and others off the PnR. With KO's offense he's going to be put in those situations a ton so its going to be show and prove time. The NBA has been trying to take guys who might not have the greatest size as a SG but great size for a PG and trying to transition them into that role with mixed results(Westbrook on the high end, someone like Rodney Stuckey on the lower end), so if you still have room for growth and potential there's the opportunity to get drafted high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom