KO Coming Up on WFAN | The Boneyard

KO Coming Up on WFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was just about to say how great it was. It was about 25 minutes of KO and huge commercial for UConn !

Mike asked some very good questions and KO spoke well.

KO knew that in that Nova game when UConn trailed Nova by double digits without Bazz (due to fouls in the 1st), and they were able regain the lead.... KO said he knew they would win that game and had great confidence going forward. I guess that parallels 2011 BET game vs Pitt when Calhoun knew they would win after that.

Reaction Score
Nice too that he didn't ask KO if he was thinking about the NBA, the way Mike & Mike did this morning. Not the time for that question. Let the guy enjoy this for awhile.

Reaction Score
Mike just said Notre Dame should have gone to the BE except for football and UCONN is a good fit for the BE. I say the league we're in is about as good or better than the BE, I have no desire to go there. Made no sense.

Reaction Score
Mike is out of his element talking conference realignment, he said UConn should go independent in football and put basketball in the BE, somewhere nelson is on hold with a smile on his face.

Reaction Score
Mike just said Notre Dame should have gone to the BE except for football and UCONN is a good fit for the BE. I say the league we're in is about as good or better than the BE, I have no desire to go there. Made no sense.

I don't know that the AAC is as better than the BE, maybe on a par. BUT, This could be as good as it gets for them. A bunch of Catholic schools that used to be good when they were part of something really big, on ESPN every night. Not going to get the big time National attention any more, therefore maybe not the big time recruits, and thus the big time coaches. We'll see, but I think the AAC could head in that direction given the league's constituents: big schools, nice markets, ESPN contract.

For example, SMU and a Larry Brown getting a top recruit on a list of projected next year All-Americans this morning by one ESPN writer. Does that happen where they were in their previous conference?

Think there is growth potential here, not so much the BE.

Reaction Score
Mike is out of his element talking conference realignment, he said UConn should go independent in football and put basketball in the BE, somewhere nelson is on hold with a smile on his face.

No he didn't. Someone asked him if UConn could go back to the Big East, and he said that they would need to go Indy in football, and that they are not in a hurry to do that, because it's very difficult to do for anybody that is not ND.

He said it would be great for the Big East, and it would have been better for UConn to stay if ND had stayed.

He said that ND should have stayed, made no sense for them to leave.

Reaction Score
No he didn't. Someone asked him if UConn could go back to the Big East, and he said that they would need to go Indy in football, and that they are not in a hurry to do that, because it's very difficult to do for anybody that is not ND.

He said it would be great for the Big East, and it would have been better for UConn to stay if ND had stayed.

He said that ND should have stayed, made no sense for them to leave.

#wellactually

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great interview.

1. I swear KO said Terrance Samuels
2. After the interview Mike wanted to run through a wall for KO.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why Nelson would be proud to be the proponent of an idea that was adopted by Fatso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom