KO and this season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KO and this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
There are some aspects this team has improved on as the season has progressed. Rebounding is much better, maybe not individually but as a team. Defense is better.

Individually two of the freshmen have improved fairly dramatically in some aspects.

Samuel was a nervous freshman who I wouldn't have trusted to dribble the ball with only a chair defending. He now is a decent spark off the bench.

Brimah was as raw as any player I've seen. Now he has a decent hook and plays much less of a raw game (with a long way to go).

Calhoun started off relatively hot and is now as cold as an icebeurg. His confidence is shot.

Nolan is up and down. He has games where he is very solid an games where he looks lost.

Boat, Napier, Giffey, Olander are pretty consistent.

Kromah has been good but has been slumping a bit.

Daniels has regressed after a pretty strong middle to the season. I'm not sure he is fully healthy, but unfortunately that's not a good excuse.

Daniels being injured/not effective has been the biggest issue recently. He needs to be a solid second or third option. He just hasn't been good since he got hurt. Either he's still somewhat hurt or it's psychological.

As for Ollie, he was very good all year, but not great. He's still got some learning to do but he clearly is on his way.

Memphis will be a tough game but it's winnable because UConn matches up pretty well against them. Daniels has to play well though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ollie is young, but should have acquired enough knowledge through his years in the pros etc to understand when it's time to look to the future. Omar is not the future and Samuel is. He should have played more. Boat, for all the things he can do he can't or won't try to make the players around him better. He is a ME player not a WE player. PT is important to players and the coach can control PT. We are a flawed team but the coaches flaws have not helped.
Don't be too quick to write off Omar. Taking a summer off can mess up a good player. A good, but not great, analogy is Bria Hartley on the girls' team. A sophomore All-American, she had a miserable Jr. year after recovering from injury over the summer. This year she looks unstoppable. Not playing screws with your timing. It's easy to struggle to come back, push too hard to overcome and end up with your confidence shot. I think that is what happened to Omar. Next year he'll be back to being the kind of player we've expected.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
JC wasn't the same his last few years, but from roughly 1986 to 2006 his teams were quite consistent. He had a great run. No one quits at the top. He stayed on long enough to get KO ready to take over, I'm happy with that.

He won the National Championship 1 year before retiring. Not to mention a Final Four in 2009. That's pretty much quitting on top. He's always had up and down teams, missing the tournament every few years (1993, 1997, 2001, 2007, 2010). Those had to do with recruiting cycles and/or missing on a few recruits.

It may have seemed like a downturn, but it's more that the expectations were raised.

Reaction Score
Boat and Daniels inconsistency is a serious issue. Daniels lazy boxouts and lack of hard cuts prove he has little mobility in his ankle... or he is just lazy. There is no reason for him to turn the volume up like that vs memphis only to be nonexistent the rest of the year( Ville begged him to do anything) . Boatright on the otherhand still plays basketball like plays for east aurora. All those forays to the rim, he attracts so much attention at the point he still can't KICK OUT. what frustrating is both these guys are big time talents. One is an athletic freak, the other is 6'9 (with a 7'1 winspan) with deft touch out to 25 feet.

Reaction Score
He won the National Championship 1 year before retiring. Not to mention a Final Four in 2009. That's pretty much quitting on top. He's always had up and down teams, missing the tournament every few years (1993, 1997, 2001, 2007, 2010). Those had to do with recruiting cycles and/or missing on a few recruits.

It may have seemed like a downturn, but it's more that the expectations were raised.
only an idiot would suggest JC wasn't the same his last few years. 2012 was due to personal health, his coaching in the 2011 tourney had hall of fame written all over: even announcers (Kerr) would gush at his adjustments.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Its amazing. I can't figure out if the previous posters in this thread are stupid or just s.

In the case of freescooter (the fashion critic), I know its both.
Been impresed with Ollie in the post season so far, has a fire to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom