KO and DD, Omar and TO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KO and DD, Omar and TO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched the slo-mo replay of the last play several times. It demonstrates the danger of putting all of your eggs in one basket.

DD is trailing the play. Not sure why. His guy ends up cutting off a passing lane to Giffey/Kromah because he's wandering around the 3 point line with nobody to guard.

Kromah's guy leaves Kromah as soon as he senses that SN is going to go to the rim. This guy gets the actual block. Kromah and Giffey did not put themselves in a good position. This was not a fast break. BOTH of these guys needed to be parked on the 3 point line on the left side to either force their guy to cover or be wide open for 3. Fact is, both of them were moving into the lane area, allowing BOTH of their defenders to go toward SN. RB was open on the right wing, on the 3 line, and his defender was a non-factor.

Point is, pretty much everybody but Boat made a bad call. SN went 1 on 4. Bad call. Giffey and Kromah were out of position and allowed their defenders easy access to Bazz. Bad call. DD was trailing the play, thereby allowing his man to further clog the lane.

Not a good finish, but they won't all be!

Disagree….he was going to the basket period - it was in his eyes so parking yourself out by the 3 point line gives you little option for the put back, they crashed as they should….and drop it off to one and they had a lay up. Remember he was full speed from the other side of half court…….if they didn't crash and were parked outside we would say why weren't you around for the rebound? Everyone reacted as they should when a guy is driving hard to the hole…..

Reaction Score
On KO and no timeout, Bazz drove to the hoop and had an open look. Was maybe expecting contact. He should have stopped and popped.
or... passed to someone open? He was blocked by 2 guys.

Reaction Score
Disagree….he was going to the basket period - it was in his eyes so parking yourself out by the 3 point line gives you little option for the put back, they crashed as they should….and drop it off to one and they had a lay up. Remember he was full speed from the other side of half court…….if they didn't crash and were parked outside we would say why weren't you around for the rebound? Everyone reacted as they should when a guy is driving hard to the hole…..
Not bothering to watch it over and over, my initial reaction was "why?" He almost never goes all the way in, and he can't elevate over big guys to get a clean shot.

Reaction Score
Our M.O. is to take a long shot to win the game. Shabazz tried to surprise Houston by driving. It didn't work out but I still want the ball in Napier's hands in that situation. I say we give it a rest and move on from this game. See you Saturday

Reaction Score
or... passed to someone open? He was blocked by 2 guys.

He should have stopped and popped. That's what I wrote. But the plan to drive was a good one. When he saw three guys there, he had the easy foul line jumper, just like the Florida game. They let him take an easy shot, he didn't take it. What more could you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom