Known Baseball Games | The Boneyard

Known Baseball Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted this in my Sports Roundup, but I think it bears repeating. I am also including all links in this one.

We have several known baseball games for next season, found by using other teams' schedules who have released them and this Hartford Courant article. Note that some of these games, especially Big East weekend contests, may be moved to Norwich or New Britain. No word yet on student transportation. Here they are. Times are TBD unless otherwise noted.
Mon. March 5: At Mississippi State (MSU Schedule)
Oregon Tournament (TBD, Fri-Sat. March 3-11): vs. Oregon, Oregon State, Oklahoma, Illinois (Courant Website)
Tuesday, March 13th: at Sacred Heart (Pioneers Athletic Website)
Fri-Sun, April 13-15: at St. John's (Blankmeyer releases Big East Portion of 2012 schedule)
Sat-Sun, May 5 (DH)-6: vs. Cincinnati (Bearcats "Super Scoreboard" - baseball page still lists last year's schedule)
Tues. May 24th: vs. Bryant, 3:30 PM (athletic website)
No Games: Villanova, Georgetown
'

Additional Big East games (I think):

Home: Notre Dame, Rutgers, Seton Hall (+ Cincinnati above)
Road: Pittsburgh, West Virginia, USF, Louisville (+ St. John's above)

Note: Many of these teams listed the 2011 baseball schedule, but I was able to modify the URL to find 2012. For instance, Bryant and Sacred Heart by changing "2010-11" in the URL to "2011-12". Also, on schools that use CBSSPORTS for their website, the SuperScoreboard sometimes has games that are not visible on the team's schedule yet (like Cincy).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
interesting schedule for us this year. we are going to be in rebuild mode this year to a degree. i'm thinkiong a 4th place finish or better would be the hopes for BE play. the OOC looks strong with msu and the oregon trip. wonder if there will be a b10 games or 2 as well for that matchup thing. our BE schedule stinks becuase of its balance.no nova/gtown is fine. they are the worst 2 teams most years which doesn't help our perception. are road trips are all good teams that will be around .500 or above next year. our home games in BE play stink for the most part. nd/cincy will be .500 ballpark teams but shu/ruty will not. the season will be interesting to see how quickly we start developing all the kids...

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Hopefully we can avenge our losses to Indiana and Purdue this year. That Oregon tournament will be crazy.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We obviously lost a ton of talent from last year's squad which is to be expected given how well the season went. I'm hoping for a top 4 finish as exit16 said. The Big East isn't a top conference so we should still be able to be very competitive in the conference schedule. The early season OOC schedule should be very interesting and could tell us a lot about this team.

Reaction Score
We obviously lost a ton of talent from last year's squad which is to be expected given how well the season went. I'm hoping for a top 4 finish as exit16 said. The Big East isn't a top conference so we should still be able to be very competitive in the conference schedule. The early season OOC schedule should be very interesting and could tell us a lot about this team.

Yeah, that's what we said last year too. But we had an awful early OOC schedule and made the Super Regionals. So it might tell us a lot, but it might mean nothing. A good start doesn't mean we'll be successful, nor does a poor start doom us to failure. But the problem with not playing Georgetown and Villanova is those are six easy wins (or at least 5-1). Last year didn't play Seton Hall and West Virginia, and then lost to the Pirates twice to knock us out of the Big East Tournament. So I'm not sure not playing them is that awesome.

Reaction Score
games against mississippi state, oregon, oregon state, oklahoma??? wow those ooc game are big time!

its great to see the progress made by this club throughout the years, penders has really done a great job of scheduling through the past couple of seasons by getting uconn to play against quality opponents early in the season. the one thing that I would like to see would be a three game set early in the season against an ACC/SEC opponent. How awesome would a series during March against teams like South Carolina, Virignia, Vanderbilt, etc be?

I'm a college baseball junkie so I would like any opportunity to head down south for a weekend to watch the Huskies take on a top college baseball program. Now if only we could get into the ACC, then this would be a reality.....

Reaction Score
Here are some additional games:
College of Charleston Tournament - Xavier, College of Charleston, URI - Feb 24-26
Mississippi State Tournament - Lipscomb, Mississippi State - March 3-5
Nike Classic - Oklahoma, Oregon State, Illinois, Oregon - March 9-11
Coastal Carolina Tournament - Michigan, Coastal, UAB - March 16-18

Possible games at either Norwich or New Britain:
Rutgers - April 20
Cincinnati - May 5
Notre Dame - May 17 & 18

First scheduled home game - March 21 - Yale

Reaction Score
Geez lots of nice tournaments!

We might have CCSU, Quinny, Hartford, and Fairfield on the schedule, again (nothing wrong with that)

Reaction Score
Here are some additional games:
College of Charleston Tournament - Xavier, College of Charleston, URI - Feb 24-26
Mississippi State Tournament - Lipscomb, Mississippi State - March 3-5
Nike Classic - Oklahoma, Oregon State, Illinois, Oregon - March 9-11
Coastal Carolina Tournament - Michigan, Coastal, UAB - March 16-18

Possible games at either Norwich or New Britain:
Rutgers - April 20
Cincinnati - May 5
Notre Dame - May 17 & 18

First scheduled home game - March 21 - Yale
Where did you get this from?

Reaction Score
We might have CCSU, Quinny, Hartford, and Fairfield on the schedule, again (nothing wrong with that)

And who would we have if we didn't? More of the other New England teams, like Brown and UMass?

Reaction Score
Weekday games:

Sacred Heart - 3/13
Yale - 3/21
Hartford - 3/27
CCSU - 3/28
at BC - 4/3
at Quinnipiac -4/9
at Brown - 4/11
at Fairfield - 4/17
Northeastern - 4/18
Bryant - 4/24
at UMass - 4/25
URI - 5/15

Reaction Score
No idea. There was an article on the website from last year's game so I am not sure why there isn't one yet for this year's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom