Knight Commission unveils new college sports financial database... | The Boneyard

Knight Commission unveils new college sports financial database...

Reaction Score
I’m mobile and out of pocket this weekend and haven’t had a chance to play w/ it... quick look is interesting but one limiting factor is it’s only pubic colleges and universities (No ND, Stanford, BC, etc...)

Knight Commission Unveils New College Sports Financial Database

>> In an effort to inject more financial transparency into college sports, the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics has unveiled a revamped and innovative College Athletics Financial Information (CAFI) Database. The new resource provides unprecedented access to athletics revenues, expenses, and debt as well as institution-wide academic spending for more than 220 public NCAA Division I colleges and universities dating back to 2005.<<

>>The free, open-access database provides telling documentation of major college sports finances, at a time when institutions face lawsuits to direct more financial benefits to student-athletes. For the first time, database users are able to view rich graphics that demonstrate, by institution, conference or competitive subdivision, “Where the Money Comes From” and “Where the Money Goes” in college sports.<<

>>The database graphics clearly illustrate how much a particular school or university spends on specific areas like coaches’ salaries, administrative salaries, facilities and equipment, recruiting, and medical expenses. Additionally, the financial tool breaks out funding from specific revenue sources like NCAA and conference television and media agreements, ticket sales, corporate sponsorship, advertising, licensing, and student fees.<<

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m mobile and out of pocket this weekend and haven’t had a chance to play w/ it... quick look is interesting but one limiting factor is it’s only pubic colleges and universities (No ND, Stanford, BC, etc...)

Knight Commission Unveils New College Sports Financial Database

>> In an effort to inject more financial transparency into college sports, the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics has unveiled a revamped and innovative College Athletics Financial Information (CAFI) Database. The new resource provides unprecedented access to athletics revenues, expenses, and debt as well as institution-wide academic spending for more than 220 public NCAA Division I colleges and universities dating back to 2005.<<

>>The free, open-access database provides telling documentation of major college sports finances, at a time when institutions face lawsuits to direct more financial benefits to student-athletes. For the first time, database users are able to view rich graphics that demonstrate, by institution, conference or competitive subdivision, “Where the Money Comes From” and “Where the Money Goes” in college sports.<<

>>The database graphics clearly illustrate how much a particular school or university spends on specific areas like coaches’ salaries, administrative salaries, facilities and equipment, recruiting, and medical expenses. Additionally, the financial tool breaks out funding from specific revenue sources like NCAA and conference television and media agreements, ticket sales, corporate sponsorship, advertising, licensing, and student fees.<<

This is neat and encapsulates all the above board stuff. I'm more interested in a road map of the under-table-finances. What a treasure trove that would be.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So we bring in 40% more revenue than the average FBS athletic department but spend about 60% of what the average AD spends on football coaches. And it’s a huge mystery why we suck.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting....I have been flitting through the various team profiles...interesting,

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
5A04C900-1D8E-4E64-B8B0-FB0A2563B432.png

Wonder how much is severance and how much is just a disgusting amount of overhead.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This piece is interesting as well:

1552082615594.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't that orange line run from 2014-18?

Kind of a big mistake. I'm available for proofreading for a reasonable fee.
You should contact the commission and let them know that you’re available. But I think it’s more of a program in glitch than a proofreading issue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom