Knife was just twisted harder: ACC will not go to 16 teams in hoops, sources tell @ESPN. ND the last | The Boneyard

Knife was just twisted harder: ACC will not go to 16 teams in hoops, sources tell @ESPN. ND the last

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Didn't they earlier say they were happy at 14 also? College Sports is just one big fat lie....I'm close to losing faith and interest. Unfortunately I hate the NBA.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
May be true, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock into public comments. They also said they were happy with 14...

Reaction Score
I laughed out loud when I saw "last addition". For any news outlet to report that is beyond ridiculous

Reaction Score
ACC is not adding a non-football playing member except ND because they hope ND will eventually join in football. No way they add a Georgetown/Nova. Want the ACC football schools to leave? Add a non-football playing member!

Reaction Score
I'll repeat it again:

Every MOVE the Big ACC has made (see how I grafted that onto the former name?) has been in lockstep with ESPN. And ... it often has had several purposes. One of which has commonly been to kill the Big East (with BC as cheerleader). Another, has been to jump into a different contractual mode with ESPN in order to change the economics of their contract.

Bastards.

They will make another move ... if it needs to to serve one of those purposes or another.

Reaction Score
The rumors said Notre Dame to the ACC for partial membership. The rumors then stated a 16th team was discussed for partial membership (Villanova, Georgetown, and a mystery FBS school). The rumors on Notre Dame were true. The rumors on the other schools remains to be seen. On one hand, I really wonder if the ACC would want to cut a partial invite deal to anyone other than school. Notre Dame is special. Georgetown or Villanova are not. On the other hand, having a 16th member for all sports besides football makes a fair amount of sense. But it would have to be really worth it.

If you want to go way out of left field, you can talk about the claim that the ACC was "saving" its last two spots for Notre Dame and Texas. So, Texas anyone? Yeah, I don't buy it...

Reaction Score
I'll repeat it again:

Every MOVE the Big ACC has made (see how I grafted that onto the former name?) has been in lockstep with ESPN. And ... it often has had several purposes. One of which has commonly been to kill the Big East (with BC as cheerleader). Another, has been to jump into a different contractual mode with ESPN in order to change the economics of their contract.

Bastards.

They will make another move ... if it needs to to serve one of those purposes or another.

If this is true, than the state and our fans should be making life a living hell for Bristol. They have to live in our state. Who says it has to be pleasant if they are the ones responsible for destroying the flagship school in the state and the state's biggest cash cow?

If this were happening to Kentucky and ESPN was headquartered near Lexington, their fans would be outside the building with pitchforks.

Meanwhile we are silent. Why? Between this and the NCAA ruling on our mens team people should be protesting.

Reaction Score
If this is true, than the state and our fans should be making life a living hell for Bristol. They have to live in our state. Who says it has to be pleasant if they are the ones responsible for destroying the flagship school in the state and the state's biggest cash cow?

Actually, they don't have to live in our state, and driving them out isn't going to help anybody. Least of all the State.

Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Going to 16 for basketball made no sense - that's the hybrid nonsense that got the Big East killed.

Texas is not joining the ACC. The ACC couldn't get Notre Dame to join their football conference, they surely are not going to convince Texas.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Adding a non football member (G'Town or Nova for example) will do nothing other than make it impossible for the ACC to influence ND into joining for football.

Texas could be an option down the road as the story is once the LHN grows enough, Texas would like to pursue football independence. I imagine that in the ACC's eyes, if ND hasn't yet joined for football by ~ 2025, the possibility of giving Texas a similar deal may be a quality alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom