Knicks.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Knicks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My argument about Cauley-Stein is that I think he can be one of those extremely rare defensive players who will not just guard his man but dominates the entire half court. Somewhat like Pat Ewing was at GTown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why do I have the feeling that @tcf15 already has one of these in the can for us from this past season but he won't post it? I have to admit that after watching this the second time I started to think of the lowlights from our '14'15 season from which a brilliant one could be made.

Reaction Score
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Mudiay
4. Russell

Could make the case for Okafor or towns at 1

Reaction Score
I'm revising my predictions on Cauley-Stein, I don't really see him doing much of anything. He's a great athlete for his size but that's it. He has zero offensive game and his rebounding isn't even impressive for his size. The talk of him being able to guard any position is pure nonsense, he would get destroyed by any NBA guard and most small forwards.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Mudiay
4. Russell

Could make the case for Okafor or towns at 1
Fully agree with Towns and Okafor and will be thrilled if we get either. Don't know enough about Mudiay or Russell.

Reaction Score
There is always gone guy in the draft that could be either an all-star or a bust, and I think this year it's Myles Turner. That guy has serious upside.

Reaction Score
If Knicks get 2nd pick of the draft, assuming Okafor is taken first, who should Knicks take with 2nd pick.
Ford, Cauley-Stein, Russell or Mudiay. Someone else?

I'm leaning towards Cauley-Stein. Big man with serious attitude. Another Noah?
Okafor has almost 0 chance to go 1 and May fall farther.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Okafor has almost 0 chance to go 1 and May fall farther.

Tournament does really have an effect on draft status. Towns and Winston came up and Okafor and Cauley-Stein both fell off a bit.
That' why the NBA has private workouts. Still Okafor is way too big and too young to fall very far. Cauley-Stein won't spend so much time on the perimeter on defense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thre was an article some six months ago that stated Phil Jackson felt Mudiay was by far the best prospect in the upcoming draft. Add to this the speculation that the Knicks will sign both Marc Gasol and Greg Monroe this offseason, a big from the draft won;t make a lot of sense.

Granted this is all speculation but there was an article today that stated Monroe wants to talk to the Knicks as soon as he can within NBA guidelines.

Reaction Score
Tournament does really have an effect on draft status. Towns and Winston came up and Okafor and Cauley-Stein both fell off a bit.
That' why the NBA has private workouts. Still Okafor is way too big and too young to fall very far. Cauley-Stein won't spend so much time on the perimeter on defense.
The tourney has nothing to do with it. I personally like okafor but his flaws--- lack of defense lack of range on his shot poor ft shooter conditioning questions intensity level and drive lack of athletic explosion. He's going to be either a non defensive 5 or a 4 who lacks mobility and range. If you could pair him up with a serge in aka that would probably compliment him the best. I think he's a hybrid 5-4 who will switch position as needed. I don't think Phil Jackson likes him at all I do not see him being a knick whether I agree or not

Reaction Score
If I ad to guess the players Phil likes I'd start with towns and then I think he reaches for willie stein( not one of my favorites) then justice Winslow and lastly Frank kaminsky

I'd go Towns Mudiay Russell Okafor Hezonja Winslow I woudl not consider stein this high

Reaction Score
Stein would be an insane pick in the top 5 or even the top 8. NBA teams are way too good to play 4 on 5. People will point to Tyson Chandler, but truthfully I've never thought Chandler is really all that good.

Reaction Score
As a long time suffering Knicks fan, one thing is guaranteed. The Knicks will find some way to %k this up!

Reaction Score
Why do I have the feeling that @tcf15 already has one of these in the can for us from this past season but he won't post it? I have to admit that after watching this the second time I started to think of the lowlights from our '14'15 season from which a brilliant one could be made.
The material is there, I just couldn't do it - too frustrating. Although, I have thought about making a supercut of all the times Purvis stepped out of bounds this season.

Reaction Score
Thre was an article some six months ago that stated Phil Jackson felt Mudiay was by far the best prospect in the upcoming draft. Add to this the speculation that the Knicks will sign both Marc Gasol and Greg Monroe this offseason, a big from the draft won;t make a lot of sense.

Granted this is all speculation but there was an article today that stated Monroe wants to talk to the Knicks as soon as he can within NBA guidelines.

Gasol is a pipe dream, I don't see him leaving Memphis. Monroe is garbage and will be over-priced. If the Knicks' plan is to pass on Okafor to sign Monroe then I'm going to be friggin pissed. I just got finished watching years of Amare & Bargs, I don't need us to run out and sign another big man who can't defend or rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom