Knicks.... | The Boneyard

Knicks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If Knicks get 2nd pick of the draft, assuming Okafor is taken first, who should Knicks take with 2nd pick.
Ford, Cauley-Stein, Russell or Mudiay. Someone else?

I'm leaning towards Cauley-Stein. Big man with serious attitude. Another Noah?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You missed arguably the best prospect in the country: Towns. (Or did you type Ford by accident, meaning Towns?) I'd take him.

WCS is projected to go later, definitely not in the top-5.

Reaction Score
If anything he's closer to Jordan from LAC. Athletic dunker, defensive player with no real offensive game besides dunks and put-backs. Will need to develop DJ's rebounding mindset.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If anything he's closer to Jordan from LAC. Athletic dunker, defensive player with no real offensive game besides dunks and put-backs. Will need to develop DJ's rebounding mindset.

Yeah, people are throwing out Jordan and Chandler as comps.

Reaction Score
Towns will go No. 2. Significantly more upside than WCS - he could be a better Derrick Favors, which is big compliment, since Favors is one of the better two-way big-men in the league and is just 23.

WCS's future is as a Chris "Birdman" Anderson. Should be a good player especially on defense, but not the game-changer Towns could be, and definitely not the rebounder that Chandler or Jordan is.

Regardless, we all know that the NBA will give the No. 1 pick to the Knicks and the No. 2 pick to the Lakers. Got to build those big-city dynasties.

Reaction Score
Towns will go No. 2. Significantly more upside than WCS - he could be a better Derrick Favors, which is big compliment, since Favors is one of the better two-way big-men in the league and is just 23.

WCS's future is as a Chris "Birdman" Anderson. Should be a good player especially on defense, but not the game-changer Towns could be, and definitely not the rebounder that Chandler or Jordan is.

Regardless, we all know that the NBA will give the No. 1 pick to the Knicks and the No. 2 pick to the Lakers. Got to build those big-city dynasties.
I think Towns will ultimately be better than Okafor.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people are throwing out Jordan and Chandler as comps.
He won't rebound like Jordan. I see him as a little better version of Birdman and somewhat similar to Camby but not as good.

Reaction Score
I watched some of Mudiay's tape, and that dude is 100% absolutely legit. With him playing in China, his name hasn't been mentioned as much as the stars in college right now, but he is a top five pick in my mind

Reaction Score
Towns and there isn't a close second. There's been some talk recently that Towns will jump Okafor as the top pick because of his defense and rebounding. Okafor is the most skilled big man to come out of HS in a long, long time but isn't a great rebounder or defender at the moment.

I'd still take Okafor #1, however. It's crazy how polished his interior offensive game is as a freshman and he's an outstanding passer. He's going to be a monster offensively in the NBA. He'd be perfect for the Knicks in the triangle.

But of course there have also been rumors that the Knicks will look to trade their pick for an established star. It makes sense when you think about it...

1) It's the Knicks
2) Phil isn't going to be around for a long time, he wants to get this "rebuild" done ASAP
3) It's the Knicks

I watched some of Mudiay's tape, and that dude is 100% absolutely legit. With him playing in China, his name hasn't been mentioned as much as the stars in college right now, but he is a top five pick in my mind

He's been a Top 4 pick on DX since last summer.

Reaction Score
Imagine SMU with him?

Reaction Score
I think Towns will ultimately be better than Okafor.
That's not a crazy position to take. He'll certainly be much more versatile.

That said, Okafor is a legit 5 who stands 6-foot-11, has a 7-foot-6 wingspan, good feet and incredible hands. Coaches today are smart and will figure out how to build a defensive scheme that takes advantage of those gifts while hiding his weaknesses.

Remember: Al Jefferson anchored a top 5 defense last year. If you can do it with Al, you can do it with a bigger, better version of Al.

Unless you're the Knicks, in which case you'll probably have him defending at the top of the key and chasing guards around with hard hedges. Good times!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if you're in the lottery it's because your team is terrible... you dont need a player who cant score if you already have players who cant score

Reaction Score
So who is going to get a serious injury in the next month to be Philly's clear draft choice?

Reaction Score
If Knicks get 2nd pick of the draft, assuming Okafor is taken first, who should Knicks take with 2nd pick.
Ford, Cauley-Stein, Russell or Mudiay. Someone else?

I'm leaning towards Cauley-Stein. Big man with serious attitude. Another Noah?
I would not assume Okafor first. I said 3 months ago Towns would 1st and I bet Im right.

Reaction Score

I wonder how many times they'll have to not do this before people stop pretending it's something they do.

Reaction Score
You missed arguably the best prospect in the country: Towns. (Or did you type Ford by accident, meaning Towns?) I'd take him.

WCS is projected to go later, definitely not in the top-5.
I think its "possible" Stein could slip in at 5 to the right team.

Reaction Score
I would take Towns #1. Okafor's post game is incredibly polished but he is an average athlete and guys like Drummond, Jordan and Gobert are freakish in athleticism compared to him. He's not going to get away with just hooking his man and drop stepping. Towns is just a really complete player with a higher upside than Okafor in my opinion. Towns is not really an explosive athlete but he seems lighter on his feet and reacts better defensively than Okafor and another thing that doesn't really get talked about Okafor is a 50% ft shooter while Towns is 80%.

Reaction Score
I would take Towns #1. Okafor's post game is incredibly polished but he is an average athlete and guys like Drummond, Jordan and Gobert are freakish in athleticism compared to him.

The whole "athleticism" thing has been overblown for so long. DeMarcus Cousins largely plays below the rim and he's arguably the best offensive center in the NBA. Zach Randolph probably can't jump over a phonebook and he's put together one hell of a career, same goes for Marc Gasol. Tim Duncan was never an elite athlete. When you have an elite skill level you can overcome being an "average" athlete.

Reaction Score
I think what hurts Okafor is his lateral quickness or lack there of on the D. Hes pretty much a statue. KAT is also supposed to grow to 7-1 per his doctors. As a Knick fan Id be thrilled with either--Im sure with Okafor the Knicks or any other club could find an athletic 4/5 man to pair with him. Its not really the question of who is pick 1 or 2 but after that becomes somewhat murky. I could see a scenario where the Knicks traded down for Stein with additional number 1's coming back.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I meant Towns. Brain fart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics