Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sonny44 said:
Looking fairly trim, no?

I agree that she looks a little leaner & meaner

Reaction Score
Kaleena the bomber. Showing off the brand with a trimmed down look. With her 3's, she is a real game changer, and rally starter.

I look for Kaleena to come on REAL strong this year. She came on strong during tourney time last year, especially rebounding, and garbage buckets inside the key. I look for more of the same this year with a few more double/doubles. Go Kaleena ! I can't wait !

Reaction Score
Looking fairly trim, no?
Yeah she definitely looks leaner. She was said to have wanted to get in to the best shape of her life this off-season and by the looks of it she is certainly on her way.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Now that Bria has graduated, we no longer have those interminable posts about her height, I guess we can endure a year of speculative comments about Kaleena's conditioning -- including those focusing on her (in)ability to defend vs. an opposing guard. (Pssst. She can.)

In this spirit, I'll start things off. Although KML's height is listed as 6'0", I contend she is closer to 5'10".

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
She came on strong during tourney time last year, especially rebounding, and garbage buckets inside the key. I look for more of the same this year with a few more double/doubles. Go Kaleena ! I can't wait !

I don't remember it that way :(
I saw her crashing the boards & earning those put-back points

Reaction Score
Now that Bria has graduated, we no longer have those interminable posts about her height, I guess we can endure a year of speculative comments about Kaleena's conditioning -- including those focusing on her (in)ability to defend vs. an opposing guard. (Pssst. She can.)

In this spirit, I'll start things off. Although KML's height is listed as 6'0", I contend she is closer to 5'10".
This season the height questions about KML will be settled for good. Chris Dailey has them line up in height order for warm-up drills and the National anthem. Kia Nurse is listed at 5'11", Courtney Ekmark at 6' . Where KLM stands in line in relation to those newbies will solve the puzzle of actual vs listed height forever.(unless there are lifters in the shoes :)....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This season the height questions about KML will be settled for good. Chris Dailey has them line up in height order for warm-up drills and the National anthem. Kia Nurse is listed at 5'11", Courtney Ekmark at 6' . Where KLM stands in line in relation to those newbies will solve the puzzle of actual vs listed height forever.(unless there are lifters in the shoes :)....

Sorry, Kia Nurse is 6' according to Basketball Canada.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sure
4 guards is too many to play at the same time
But with two listed as being 6 feet,
you have the possibility of playing the larger ones as wings. :):):)

HGN

Reaction Score
Does look a lot thinner.... Even in the face.

Reaction Score
If she is ready to play the way we know she can will it be a similar year to Tina's senior year? That year the debate was which UCONN player would be POY (Maya/Tina, Stewie/KML).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My best guess on Kaleena is 5'10-3/4". I think she's taller than 5'10" but not 6'0".

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

well said, and I hope she doesnt have a bad shooting game (maybe she never fully recovered from that elbow injury. Geno bought her back too soon)

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's really the only thing that does matter.

Seriously, it's the only thing that she needs to add to her game. It's the difference between her being NPOY material and first/second team AA.

Do you think the people who said she was "absolutely perfect the way she is" will now be disappointed?

Looking real good, KML.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Seriously, it's the only thing that she needs to add to her game. It's the difference between her being NPOY material and first/second team AA.

Do you think the people who said she was "absolutely perfect the way she is" will now be disappointed?

Looking real good, KML.

Perhaps those people appreciate the player she is without putting their expectations on how a player should look...just sayin'

Kaleena will do what she thinks she should do, likely what the coaches and trainers say that she should be doing. She did great things as a freshman and sophmore, and by the end of her junior year, managed a few awards even though that year was fraught with injury/illness:

• 2014 All-NCAA Tournament Team
• 2014 NCAA Tournament Lincoln Regional MOP
• 2013-14 Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American
• 2013-14 All-American Conference Second Team
• 2014 American Conference All-Tournament Team

I can't wait for her senior year to begin, wishing her great success and hoping that she avoids further encounters with injury/illness.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Perhaps those people appreciate the player she is without putting their expectations on how a player should look...just sayin'

Kaleena will do what she thinks she should do, likely what the coaches and trainers say that she should be doing. She did great things as a freshman and sophmore, and by the end of her junior year, managed a few awards even though that year was fraught with injury/illness:

• 2014 All-NCAA Tournament Team
• 2014 NCAA Tournament Lincoln Regional MOP
• 2013-14 Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American
• 2013-14 All-American Conference Second Team
• 2014 American Conference All-Tournament Team

I can't wait for her senior year to begin, wishing her great success and hoping that she avoids further encounters with injury/illness.

Well her looks (in terms of her weight/body fat etc) are very much tied in with her fitness, and fitness is obviously of paramount importance to athletes, especially in basketball. I have zero doubt that her coaches/trainers are thinking along the same lines as myself and others here. No big deal pointing that out.

And yes, those accolades are nice. But she's good enough to be fighting Stewie for NPOY. Anything less than that is selling herself short. I'd like to see her win it this year.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well her looks (in terms of her weight/body fat etc) are very much tied in with her fitness, and fitness is obviously of paramount importance to athletes, especially in basketball. I have zero doubt that her coaches/trainers are thinking along the same lines as myself and others here. No big deal pointing that out.

And yes, those accolades are nice. But she's good enough to be fighting Stewie for NPOY. Anything less than that is selling herself short. I'd like to see her win it this year.

I don't think that I am disagreeing with you here, just avoiding stating the obvious

"Kaleena will do what she thinks she should do, likely what the coaches and trainers say that she should be doing..."

And it appears as though that is happening

"I can't wait for her senior year to begin, wishing her great success and hoping that she avoids further encounters with injury/illness."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't think that I am disagreeing with you here, just avoiding stating the obvious

"Kaleena will do what she thinks she should do, likely what the coaches and trainers say that she should be doing..."

And it appears as though that is happening

"I can't wait for her senior year to begin, wishing her great success and hoping that she avoids further encounters with injury/illness."

Gotcha. I misinterpreted a little bit there.

We never talk about KML as being in the pantheon of UCONN greats (Diana/Maya/Sue etc), and we should be. Perhaps it's the fate of being on the same team as Breanna Stewart. But a big year from KML could change all that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Remember this from John A's blog in June:

Auriemma admitted he’s not totally thrilled with the condition of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, who he says reported back to campus heavier than the program asked her.

‘Bottom line, if she plays to the level we’ve seen her play, there may be no stopping her,” he said. “There’s no reason she can’t be one of the best players in the country.”

Mosqueda-Lewis is working with Amanda Kimball, the program’s strength and conditioning coach, to change that. Her progress, and his reaction, will be worth noting.

“I’m trying to get into the best shape I can for the season,” Mosqueda-Lewis said. “My goal is to do whatever I can accomplish and whatever helps me feel that I can perform at my best.”
Even though she is in the player pool for the upcoming USA Basketball training camp in September for the World Championships, neither KML or Auriemma, the coach of the team, is certain she will invited to camp.

Safe to say message received.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Looking good Kaleena, and here's wishing you a healthy senior season.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Gotcha. I misinterpreted a little bit there.

We never talk about KML as being in the pantheon of UCONN greats (Diana/Maya/Sue etc), and we should be. Perhaps it's the fate of being on the same team as Breanna Stewart. But a big year from KML could change all that.

Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32