KML? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KML?

Reaction Score
Agree about Barkley being a tremendous athlete. But he also was an example that a large player can still get into shape. At Auburn, he weighed 300 pounds according to his own statements. Later on in his NBA career, he had dropped to 250 pounds and was clearly quicker, even as he got older.
I'm not sure Barkley is a good analogy. He was in very good shape throughout his long career. Look at videos of him on the Dream Team or the NBA finals (past his prime) & he is stacked. Of course, once he retired, he let himself go & that continues to this day..although he's fine joking about it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the weight gain on KML was very apparent in the 2nd half of her Uconn career (20-30 pounds heavier). It could have been the meds she was on. She was hurt much of the time her last 2 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She was hurt much of the time her last 2 years.

Not an accurate statement. She missed a total of 12 games during her junior season due to the elbow injury sustained against Stanford and later due to a bout of mono. She started 38 games as a senior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena's "thin year" was her sophomore year and the beginning (pre-injury) of her junior season. The rest of the time in college and high school, her body looked more or less the same.

Looks at the Notre Dame game that I linked to earlier in the thread. That was K's thinnest period in at least 10 years.

Reaction Score
If she shows she can play average defense , her ability to shoot would be an improvement on Clark, who has to be the worst small forward in the league. She can't rebound and is not a good shooter, or passer, they always say she plays good defense, but I have never been impressedi when watching her.
Clark is a weak link in Storms starting line up. They get hurt by her inconsistency

Reaction Score
KML struggles so much in the WNBA because she is out of shape, undersized as a 3, can't handle the ball well enough to be a 2, and can't create her own looks. At UConn she was so good because they could her the ball in rhythm to shot open jump shots. That's what she does best.
This comment above describes KML perfectly. She was a terrific college player in a perfect system for her. WNBA different story.

Reaction Score
Shoni has skills. Can she play with discipline, defend, and run as much as needed? I haven't seen her this season. I hope she is fairly trim--or committed to getting trim.
Shoni made the Aces opening season roster. However, when McBride and Plum return I don’t hink Shoni survives. Eleven players on active roster now including a rookie guard from LSU. So Shimmel has a chance if they carry 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom