KML-WNBA | The Boneyard

KML-WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I contend KML will become a WNBA ALL-Star during her Professional career.Tiffany is becoming a star player and I remember a lot of you doubting her excelling in the League.I had no doubts about Tiffany making it ,and I'll remind you about KML when she prove you doubters wrong.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The questions surrounding Tiffany's prospects as a pro mostly came down to her ability to make shots and, on occasion, her decision-making with the ball. Her quickness, speed and ability to defend were never in doubt and in the WNBA she would never be expected to carry a team which caused her to struggle at times at UConn. The WNBA has plenty of quick guards who can not consistently make shots. Tiff's shooting has steadily improved and her decision-making has been very good.

KML is the opposite. No one doubts her ability to make shots; how good she'll be depends on how much she's able to reshape her body to improve her quickness, as well as how much she's able to improve her ball-handling.

Mike DiMauro wrote a column a few months ago which mentioned some WNBA folks saying there is no one in the league who shoots the ball better than KML and they were equally impressed with her willingness and ability to get in the lane and rebound. Those same WNBA scouts agreed that she needs to work on her fitness which, from all accounts, she's been doing this summer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I contend KML will become a WNBA ALL-Star during her Professional career.Tiffany is becoming a star player and I remember a lot of you doubting her excelling in the League.I had no doubts about Tiffany making it ,and I'll remind you about KML when she prove you doubters wrong.
Ummm, who are these doubters? I don't remember reading anything on here about KML not doing fine at the next level.? :confused:

Reaction Score
Ummm, who are these doubters? I don't remember reading anything on here about KML not doing fine at the next level.? :confused:
Comical. I guess you're joking.
No sane fan would doubt Kalena.

Reaction Score
There's a couple who say she won't do well in the WNBA.

I'm sure that she will make it just as she is. She's a great 3 point shooter who doesn't mind pressure and she can rebound and pass well.

Like Shoni though she needs to cut down on that excess weight to be able to keep up with the better players in the WNBA on defense. She and Shoni have the same type of build. A better diet will take care of that and stay off the sugar etc.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Did you also predict that Kalana Greene and Kelly Faris would become WNBA stars?

Reaction Score
Ever since following Kaleena's career since she was a Jr. in high school, I thought she was a can't missplayer no matter how high the ceiling was. She had/has everything it takes, especially a winning attitude. I have loved her from the start, and still do. You watch this year how she will put the ladies on her shoulder and say, "Let's get it done!"

BTW, Kaleena is not a bad recruiter either !

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I can see KML making an All Star team as the team is voted on by the fans. With her shooting touch, I can all see her being selected as an alternate if not voted in the game by the fans.

The real question is will she make an All WNBA team during her career. It will depend on which team she ends up with and will she be able to get a starting position early on in her career. Not sure as of today, she's All WNBA Caliber as already there are plenty of quality players that don't make the team.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
There's a couple who say she won't do well in the WNBA.

I'm sure that she will make it just as she is. She's a great 3 point shooter who doesn't mind pressure and she can rebound and pass well.

Like Shoni though she needs to cut down on that excess weight to be able to keep up with the better players in the WNBA on defense. She and Shoni have the same type of build. A better diet will take care of that and stay off the sugar etc.

As an on-looker and not a UConn fan, I think she'll be drafted in the top 3, if not #1. She's also much more than just a shooter. The team that sleeps on KML will live to regret it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of the Kelly Faris School of Work Ethic. She's also one of the best shooters in the world. She doesn't have Maya's athleticism and may be a bit undersized, but I see her as a very successful WNBA player. She's got smarts and skills plus the inimitable Lewis Launch.

Reaction Score
Alright, I'll step up and be unpopular.

I'm not positive that Kaleena is an all-star at the WNBA level, because she has some question mark areas. Is she going to be a defensive liability at the 2 or the 3 in the WNBA? Does she have the lateral quickness to guard a Seimone Agustus or a Tamika Catchings? Is she strong enough to guard an Alyssa Thomas in the post? Her shooting and her ability to stretch the floor are certainly an asset, but they've got to be balanced by OK defense for her to get starter playing time. Right now, she uses her strength to play in the post at the college level; her cleverness, strength, and work ethic may be good enough to make her a versatile offensive presence in the WNBA, but I don't think it's a sure thing. As was alluded to above; I think her easiest path to WNBA greatness is to stay on top of her conditioning and fill a more traditional guard role in the WNBA (with some occasional post-ups depending on whose she's matched up against, similar to Augustus.

Ultimately, I say that she's probably good enough to be an all-star at the next level, but I don't think you can ignore her question marks and say it's a sure thing.

Reaction Score
She has the IT factor and Geno knows how to get the best from her.........UCONN will be undefendable this season..........40 pnt plus wins will be the norm...........You will know how good this team is when they beat the early Top 10 teams, Stanford, Duke and ND by 35 +++.........

Reaction Score
Kaleena is a lock for the WNBA...how high she can fly depends entirely on how high she cares to...and I've yet to see her not take the necessary steps to bring her game to the next level...if she ever gets into peak condition she has the ability to dominate the league in Jordanesque fashion...I hope she decides to stay on that track...

Reaction Score
Alright, I'll step up and be unpopular.

I'm not positive that Kaleena is an all-star at the WNBA level, because she has some question mark areas. Is she going to be a defensive liability at the 2 or the 3 in the WNBA? Does she have the lateral quickness to guard a Seimone Agustus or a Tamika Catchings? Is she strong enough to guard an Alyssa Thomas in the post? Her shooting and her ability to stretch the floor are certainly an asset, but they've got to be balanced by OK defense for her to get starter playing time. Right now, she uses her strength to play in the post at the college level; her cleverness, strength, and work ethic may be good enough to make her a versatile offensive presence in the WNBA, but I don't think it's a sure thing. As was alluded to above; I think her easiest path to WNBA greatness is to stay on top of her conditioning and fill a more traditional guard role in the WNBA (with some occasional post-ups depending on whose she's matched up against, similar to Augustus.

Ultimately, I say that she's probably good enough to be an all-star at the next level, but I don't think you can ignore her question marks and say it's a sure thing.

Making the All-Star team as a rookie is a tall order. Shoni had a built-in audience throughout college that was helped with the TLC show about her. They got her in.
Unless KML gets the minutes she needs ON THE RIGHT TEAM she might not make the All-Star team as a rookie. There's already a lot of great stars and Jen Hamson will play next year. Chelsea Gray and Achonwa will also make their debuts.

Nothing to be ashamed about if she doesn't make the All-Star team but she may have a stellar first half.

Reaction Score
Making the All-Star team as a rookie is a tall order. Shoni had a built-in audience throughout college that was helped with the TLC show about her. They got her in.
Unless KML gets the minutes she needs ON THE RIGHT TEAM she might not make the All-Star team as a rookie. There's already a lot of great stars and Jen Hamson will play next year. Chelsea Gray and Achonwa will also make their debuts.

Nothing to be ashamed about if she doesn't make the All-Star team but she may have a stellar first half.
I meant that I'm not positive she'll consistently be an all-star throughout her career.

Reaction Score

Nobody here but you ever doubted KML. She has been my favorite in WCBB.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think that KML is much more likely to be a star in the WNBA than Tiffany Hayes would ever be. Tiffany's success kind of shocks me- KML is a star. She was a star her freshman and sophomore yr. KML was our best player over the 6 game NCAA Tmt this year.

Reaction Score
KML was the highest ranked player in high school. She was an AA as a Uconn sophomore. She was the best 3 point shooter in the country. Last year, once her injuries and illness ended she was back playing at an AA level. This year she is one of the top 3 players in the country (with Stewie and Jewel LLoyd). Why wouldn't she succeed at the next level? She will be a consistent WNBA all star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom