KML watch: career three-pointers made | Page 10 | The Boneyard

KML watch: career three-pointers made

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A few more KML factoids:

With 118 and 121, she has the top 2 UConn season records for 3-pointers. She was just short of the NCAA record.

At .492 and .488, she has the 2nd and 3rd highest UConn season 3-point percentages.

She also finished slightly behind Sue in career 3-point percentage. Kaleena put up a lot of threes and made a whole lot of them.

Hey Milford -- as our resident expert on KML's stats, what was her shooting % on 3s at Mater Dei? I know Lou made 115 three-pointers as a senior and KML made 116 her senior year, but I think KML may have shot better than Lou's 41%. What say you?

Reaction Score
In the loss to ND, Kaleena missed the 3-pointer after suffering a bad thigh contusion during the game. I'd still take my chances on KML having the final shot to win.
I only remember it because she was so bummed about missing it. She had a good look and should have taken the shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey Milford -- as our resident expert on KML's stats, what was her shooting % on 3s at Mater Dei? I know Lou made 115 three-pointers as a senior and KML made 116 her senior year, but I think KML may have shot better than Lou's 41%. What say you?
Sorry, Cat. I'm going on memory (faulty) and hear-say, but I think I recall hearing that both KML and Lou shot about 50% or even 52% from distance one season at Mater Dei. I think the locals may know with greater accuracy.

The Samuelsons are all great shooters. Bonnie shot .438 and Karlie shot .398 from the arc this season. Bonnie shot .903 on FTs and Karlie, bizarrely, was at .483 on limited attempts. Lou is supposed to be the nest player of the three. I'm not sure if she is the best shooter of the sisters, but I predict career stats of .440 from the arc and .880 from the line. And those are conservative numbers.

Reaction Score
I just don't think anyone can replace her. Prettiest shot in any sport.

Reaction Score
I just don't think anyone can replace her. Prettiest shot in any sport.
She's the closest thing to Ray Allen the women's game has ever seen. And it took Ray a lot longer than KML to become the elite shooter that he's known for (though KML doesn't have the hops that RA had early in his career).

It'll be a blast watching her play in a WNBA offense. I expect some 30- and 40-point nights outta her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ok, that is the easiest spot on the floor but ...

She opens with 39 in a row, then misses.

Then, I believe she nails 83 straight.

She gets a little careless tired as she rushes near the end.

Very impressive!

wow, I was impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member