KML the Facilitator | The Boneyard

KML the Facilitator

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
from Rich's blog:

Rather than looking to score, Mosqueda-Lewis looked to be a facilitator. She finished with a game-high eight assists, which would have represented a career-high had it not been an exhibition game.

“I try to get assists as much as possible, but (Tuesday) was really more of a focus,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said. “There were times where I could’ve shot a 3. But it’s not going to be beneficial. I’m just trying to get our walk-ons involved, help (freshman) Saniya (Chong) get the offense down and just try to get our whole team in the rhythm of running our offense all the way through.
“(Tuesday) wasn’t really about scoring points. It was just about our team just getting better.’’

Said UConn coach Geno Auriemma: “She’s been really good at practice the last week or so. She’s just getting to be a better basketball player. She’s seeing more things out there other than just seeing shots. I think the more you do that, the more you enjoy the game too because you see more things. I told her at one point, I think she had made one shot, and she came over to the sidelines and I said, `I think you’re playing great.’ And she was.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2013...-sign-of-further-maturity-for-mosqueda-lewis/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom