KML Shooting This Season: Up, Down, or About the Same? | The Boneyard

KML Shooting This Season: Up, Down, or About the Same?

KML 2014 shooting compared to 2013

• Better

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Worse

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • About the Same

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last season KML put on one of the most memorable displays of shooting accuracy in my memory.

124 of 218 2-pointers (56.9%)
118 of 240 3-pointers (49.2%)
242 of 458 overall (52.8%)

How do you think she'll do this year compared to last? I worry, i.e., believe, there almost has to be some degree of regression.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stef projects to be the best center in WCBB. Breanna will be enough of a force all over the court to attract a lot of defensive attention. And if Morgan, Bria, and Mo also wreak some havoc of their own, KML is going to be open for lots of shots, and it's hard for me to imagine she'll miss them at a higher percentage than previous. She was a 50% shooter in high school, she got to that point in college, and I want to believe she'll continue to as an upperclassman. She wants to win, she wants to set records, and she oozes self-confidence. I think that is all to the good.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
While that sort of thing is almost impossible to project, this team, if it comes anywhere near the best of GA's ball movement teams, should be getting a lot of favored shots. So many of these kids have versatile games. SD from the inside out, BS can start her offense anywhere, KML from the outside in, Tuck inside out, BH outside and a mid range pull up, BB outside and penetration. This team is a defensive nightmare. If MJ can hit a decent jumper percentage, it will open up the others even more, and of course we don't know yet what Chong might add.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
The same - a level of shooting accuracy that is already very, very good. Good get 'em, Miss Mosqueda-Lewis!

Reaction Score
I don't know how much better KML can get in shooting accuracy. We will all be very happy if KML equals her shooting performance of last year.

Reaction Score
This team is loaded from top to bottom. Who can you double without giving up the store else where?.....UCONN 's 2nd team will be off the charts.....We will now so much more about this team by Dec 1st.........November is loaded with great game that might turnout to be blowouts....

Reaction Score
She shot so well last season that I have to think she won't be able to match
last year's 3 pt percentage. Should be solidly in the 40's though.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My concern about KML this year is that if she has shrunk, her shot might be off, as she was used to shooting at an arc from a 6' tall frame. But if she's shrunk to 5'10", then her shooting arc will have to be adjusted and that might cause her to shoot 49% from beyond the arc instead of 50% or over. I was just at an exhibit recently called "Torture Instruments Through the Ages" and they had a stretching rack. Possibly we could loan that to the UCONN trainers to use on KML to ensure she keeps her 50%+ clip on 3's??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am thinking that the short bench will translate into some experimentation with line ups in early season nonSOS games. To the extent that might translate into play, bench, play, bench for KML it may reduce her %es, but by the end of the season I expect she will be within half a horse shoe of this years numbers/ %es.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My concern about KML this year is that if she has shrunk, her shot might be off, as she was used to shooting at an arc from a 6' tall frame. But if she's shrunk to 5'10", then her shooting arc will have to be adjusted and that might cause her to shoot 49% from beyond the arc instead of 50% or over. I was just at an exhibit recently called "Torture Instruments Through the Ages" and they had a stretching rack. Possibly we could loan that to the UCONN trainers to use on KML to ensure she keeps her 50%+ clip on 3's??

You might be on to something there Eric.

When I first met Hartley, I was 5'9 1/2" and she was exactly my height. At my physical on Wednesday I had shrunk to 5'8 1/2".

I know it has impacted my 3 point shooting. Can I borrow the rack before I start getting mistaken for Huskybill?

Reaction Score

When I first met Hartley, I was 5'9 1/2" and she was exactly my height. At my physical on Wednesday I had shrunk to 5'8 1/2".

I know it has impacted my 3 point shooting. Can I borrow the rack before I start getting mistaken for Huskybill?
In this rate in about 120 or so years you'll disappear :)

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

Do you know enough about horticulture to become a garden gnome?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am defining "about the same" as + or - 1.5 percentage points so between 48-51%.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Everyone, you need to read the quote from Titus Livius that accompanies DD's posts and stop fearing so much. If in fact KML has shrunk two inches and this will impact the accuracy of her arc, the solution is readily apparent. Since Geno is now on the rules committee, he'll just have to ram through his suggestion to lower the rim, say by two inches, and all will be well with KML's shot.

Reaction Score
I am thinking that the short bench will translate into some experimentation with line ups in early season nonSOS games. To the extent that might translate into play, bench, play, bench for KML it may reduce her %es, but by the end of the season I expect she will be within half a horse shoe of this years numbers/ %es.
KML, having lost two inches, will be on the short bench. Not sure where that leaves Bria. Is there a long bench somewhere on the sidelines for her?

Reaction Score
KML was listed as 5'11 on Huskynan's recruiting page. If you look at KML next to Bria in the World University Games gold medal photos KML is clearly taller. Lol. Just sayin...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
KML, having lost two inches, will be on the short bench. Not sure where that leaves Bria. Is there a long bench somewhere on the sidelines for her?

Whoop, Whoop, Whooping!

Reaction Score
I am thinking that the short bench.......
OMG! First KML and now the bench is shorter too. How do we stop this epidemic? I believe Geno is giving this problem short shrift.

And yes, we should be getting one of those stretching devices. I believe Rutgers has one. They even named their arena after it - The RAC.

The solution to KML's problem is simple - platform sneakers.

If there are any other problems, just let me know. I will get back to you shortly with all the answers.:)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OMG! First KML and now the bench is shorter too. How do we stop this epidemic? I believe Geno is giving this problem short shrift.

And yes, we should be getting one of those stretching devices. I believe Rutgers has one. They even named their arena after it - The RAC.

The solution to KML's problem is simple - platform sneakers.

If there are any other problems, just let me know. I will get back to you shortly with all the answers.:)

You could shorten this up by giving me all the answers first...just sayin....:p

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think we can all agree that as long as KML isn't shooting up, life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom