Kml Needs A Winter Coat! | The Boneyard

Kml Needs A Winter Coat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
sounds like her parents are in town and plan to take her shopping.

Rich's blog has some nice comments from KML. She is mature beyond her years, though we knew that already. Yet another reminder of the former #23.

“I’m trying to not focus on what people on the outside want from me,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said. “The coaches tell me what I’ve been giving the team in practice has been good. I don’t need to go outside myself. That will help the team the most. My teammates, they don’t make my job that hard. It’s good to have teammates that have your back.

“Until I got to Connecticut I don’t think I understood what it meant to trust your teammates, what it was to give them everything and to play for them every minute you’re on the court. They’ve taught me trust and to be trustworthy. And I think I’ve proved to them a little bit that I deserve their trust and I deserve to be on this team and that I’ve got their back any time that we’re on the court together or if we’re off the court.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Coat, boots and gloves. The kid is learning to adapt.

I love her understanding of what really constitutes the heart of team, "Trust."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My recollection is that her stepfather is the guy who challenged her and worked tirelessly with her to become very talented and dedicated to excellence on the court and in her life. I hope my often unreliable memory is not at fault and, if so, I welcome more reliable comments.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Coat, boots and gloves. The kid is learning to adapt.

I love her understanding of what really constitutes the heart of team, "Trust."

It was a very insightful observation, coming from a freshman.......

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
My recollection is that her stepfather is the guy who challenged her and worked tirelessly with her to become very talented and dedicated to excellence on the court and in her life. I hope my often unreliable memory is not at fault and, if so, I welcome more reliable comments.
I believe you are 100% correct.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
wow those are some amazing comments from a freshman - actually, amazing comments at any age. mature beyond her years is right. it's hard not to have sky high expectations of her - she's one of the best players in her class (most seem to think she was #1), and then there was Geno's recent comments about her stellar play. as Milford has said, by the end of the year, she may be acknowledged as the best player on the team and that's saying something given the rest of the top notch talent this year!!

Reaction Score
sounds like her parents are in town and plan to take her shopping.

Rich's blog has some nice comments from KML. She is mature beyond her years, though we knew that already. Yet another reminder of the former #23.

“I’m trying to not focus on what people on the outside want from me,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said. “The coaches tell me what I’ve been giving the team in practice has been good. I don’t need to go outside myself. That will help the team the most. My teammates, they don’t make my job that hard. It’s good to have teammates that have your back.

“Until I got to Connecticut I don’t think I understood what it meant to trust your teammates, what it was to give them everything and to play for them every minute you’re on the court. They’ve taught me trust and to be trustworthy. And I think I’ve proved to them a little bit that I deserve their trust and I deserve to be on this team and that I’ve got their back any time that we’re on the court together or if we’re off the court.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I stay clear of making too many predictions because I have been (like so many others) through injuries of Sales, Svet, Shea, Mel, Kalana et al, and some hurtful refereeing, opposing players playing sensationally (e.g., Diggins), bad nights (I'll never get over Diana shooting 1-15 vs. Notre Dame), and other heart-wrenching experiences.

Last year, my only prognostication was easy. I suggested that Bria Hartley would become the PG by January. Spot-on then, now it is ironic that I would not make the same prediction this year.

I did make one prediction a month or so ago. I said I believed that Kaleena would start by January. Well, it seems now that because of Caroline's ankle injury, Kaleena will start right away.

I am convinced that this young (18 today and wearing her first pair of mittens?) lady is the real deal, in the Bascom-Lobo-Rizzotti-Bird-Sales-Abrasamova-Ralph-Charles-Montgomery-Moore tradition.

The challenge for her is to be in the Taurasi (3 NC's) tradition. I like her chances.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No signs! No coats! No mittens!

Her family is taking her shopping. Let's give Kaleena support, but not mittens. Though I would like to, the NCAA would not approve. :)

Having grown up in Connecticut, I cannot imagine what a kid from Orange County is thinking or feeling when it snows before Halloween!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No signs! No coats! No mittens!

Her family is taking her shopping. Let's give Kaleena support, but not mittens. Though I would like to, the NCAA would not approve. :)

Having grown up in Connecticut, I cannot imagine what a kid from Orange County is thinking or feeling when it snows before Halloween!
Heck, I grew up in CT and can't imagine it snowing in CT before Halloween.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
November, yes. October? No.
Sure enough, many a Thanksgiving Day rivalry football game has been played in snow or on a frozen field in CT.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
oh come on. how much difference between November 1 and October 25? u are a bunch of wimps! (so says the cali dude with an all time low during my 20 years here of 45 degrees one night in january...) ;)

Reaction Score
WOW
Her ability to express herself so well, with such insight, and maturity is quite impressive. Being able to trust and be trustworthy is not only a life long process and journey,but expresses a profound cornerstone of what Geno,CD, believe and have attempted to teach. This goes far beyond the court and basketball. It also reminds me of John Wooden's Pyramid of Success and his belief system.Very well expressed by this special young lady! '
I have called her KML and written it on,recuiting notebooks since I first heard about her,and knew we would one day be recruiting her. Others on here call her the same while it seems to really piss others off. Hopefully we can allow each other to call her and other players by nicknames. I see some call Carolyn Doty,Carolyn,others Doty, I call her CD. Let us all be happy she is a HUSKIE,has "IT",wants to learn and grow.:)
I read last week comments her high School teammate,Jordan Adams expressed. I hope KML gives Jordan a call not for recruiting her,but to share some profound life lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom