KML getting closer to 3FG NCAA Top 10. | The Boneyard

KML getting closer to 3FG NCAA Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Through games of January 11, 2015...

THREE-POINT FIELD GOALS
Player, Team Seasons 3FG
Laurie Koehn, Kansas St................................................................... 2002-05 *392
Heather Butler, UT Martin............................................................... 2011-14 *392
Erin Thorn, BYU............................................................................... 2000-03 391
Shrieka Evans, Grambling............................................................... 2000-03 391
Jaleesa Ross, Fresno St...................................................................... 2008-11 389
Dawn Evans, James Madison......................................................... 2008-11 387
Shoni Schimmel, Louisville............................................................. 2011-14 387
Kim MacMillan, LIU Brooklyn/St. John's (NY) ................. 2000-02, 04 379
Chynna Bozeman, Morehead St................................................... 2008-11 377
Aaryn Ellenberg, Oklahoma........................................................... 2011-14 376

Morgan Eye, Missouri.....................................................................................2012-Present - 332
KALEENA MOSQUEDA-LEWIS, UCONN..................................................2012-Present - 320

Source: NCAA.org - 2014-2015 Women's Basketball Records.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_basketball_RB/2015/DIWBB.pdf

Reaction Score
She needs 3/game to tie the record - IF we play 9 post-season games.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
While I know that records aren't made of rubber, I'd like to flex and bend this one just a little. How many of these players were on a top ten team at ANY time during ANY one year of their career? Shooting threes when it's your only hope is different than shooting threes in the context of a successful winning strategy. And yes, shooting percentage is revealing in this aspect. Having a truck load of threes but only hitting 30% tells me something about the team, and perhaps something about the coach.

Reaction Score
While I know that records aren't made of rubber, I'd like to flex and bend this one just a little. How many of these players were on a top ten team at ANY time during ANY one year of their career? Shooting threes when it's your only hope is different than shooting threes in the context of a successful winning strategy. And yes, shooting percentage is revealing in this aspect. Having a truck load of threes but only hitting 30% tells me something about the team, and perhaps something about the coach.
Shoni Schimmel, Louisville........... 2011-14 387
Aaryn Ellenberg, Oklahoma.............. 2011-14 376

Reaction Score
Coming into the season, I thought KML had a legit chance at breaking both the NCAA single season record for 3FG made (126) and most career 3FG made (392). But since this team is very balanced, she and Stewie are not going to get the numbers we've seen in the past few seasons. Especially with our weak conference, I can't really see any of the starters reaching 30 min a game, with exception to the USF games. Maybe. Even though you don't come to UCONN to break individual statistical records, I hope KML breaks the top 10. And I definitely hope she gets another opportunity for a good shooting night as she did at UC Davis, but at home.

KML is 320/730 at .438 shooting
Shoni Schimmel was 387/1125 at .344 shooting
Aaryn Ellenburg was 376/975 at .386 shooting

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Not playing on a top 10 team makes the accomplishments more impressive because of fewer opportunities. I don't know how many games these girls played (and I'm amazed at the tight grouping -- 16 baskets divide the top 10!), but most of them didn't go deep (or even into) in post-season play.

For example, Maya Moore holds the career record for double-figure scoring games at 149.

Jantel Javender holds the consecutive double-figure scoring record at 136 -- every game of her career!

If Jantel had had 154 opportunities like Maya, would she have the count record as well?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Morgan Eye from Missouri and KML continue at there current paces, KML might not catch her. It will be close and depend on how many post season games Mizz plays. We already know how many UCONN will play. It will be fun to watch the counts toward the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Laurie Koehn was part of a very good Kansas State team, with Kendra Wecker and Nicole Ohlde.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

This great post is why I think we need a Bingo Button. Succinct, analytical without stats making our minds mush, and Dead Balls On (oops, can we say Balls on the Boneyard??? Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom