KML being guarded by Taurasi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KML being guarded by Taurasi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Personally I don't think the coach is too interested in creating a situation where KML can contribute.

How in the blue moon do you not find a way for this sharp shooter to contribute?

And maybe the coach is and I am just flat out wrong and can't see it.

I hope her talent and skills don't just waste away.
I agree with the highlighted part.

what a player does at the previous level doesnt always carry over to the next level.... hopefully everyone understand who KML is playing against. BTW Taurasi was defending her

Reaction Score

what a player does at the previous level doesnt always carry over to the next level.... hopefully everyone understand who KML is playing against. BTW Taurasi was defending her

Yes, but she averaged just 5.5 points per game in her rookie season, and 5 ppg through two games this season. Does anyone know how she did in Europe?

I think she's an amazing talent, and I'm looking for a breakout soon. Know she has it in her!!!

Reaction Score
Have watched 2 games, and sometime soon the coach has to make a change. Clark has been with the team for a number of years, but Seattle can't keep playing 4 on 5 on offense, they need another scorer in the lineup. Can't keep playing someone who can't hit open shots, in 2 games she has no baskets.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kaleena has to play on both ends of the court. No doubt she's a sharpshooter - but it's a different league of play. She needs to address her fitness and quickness.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
KML looked pretty good on defense. And I was impressed with Stewart playing defense against Griner - she was working really hard to keep her from getting good position down low.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The eyes can deceive. Look at her stats from the game.

Reaction Score
KML looked pretty good on defense. And I was impressed with Stewart playing defense against Griner - she was working really hard to keep her from getting good position down low.
Stewie with her rebounding in the 2nd half made a big difference in the tempo of the game. Two things that weren't brought out in the capsule of the game. 1. Seattle has the last shot in the 3rd quarter, Stewie scores on a layup with 1 second left on the clock. 2. Then Loyd scores the game winner at the end with 2.9 on the clock. Well executed both times by a young team, by the end of the season a team no-one is going to want to play.

Reaction Score
Kaleena still had trouble staying in front of her opponent defensively at times. The Mercury just couldn't make her pay.

Last season she really struggled getting her shot off against bigger, longer more athletic players in comparison to college and she had to learn new ways to create space to get her shot off. It's common problem a lot prolific scorers have that don't have physical advantages like say Moore, Stewie or Delle Donne. Jefferson and Banham for instance are also going to have learn how to create space for their shots this season as its harder to score when guards can concentrate on taking away the outside thanks to teams having rim protectors like Griner and Fowles.

With Jewell and now Stewie there to draw attention it'll help but she still has a ways to go on both ends of the court. So far I think her passing looks much improved though. Promising times for Seattle though two the most promising players in the game with Lloyd and Stewie.

Reaction Score

Was Taurasi guarding her in the her 1st game of the 2016 year also?

But that's none of my business.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Was Taurasi guarding her in the her 1st game of the 2016 year also?

But that's none of my business.
stop nitpicking... sorry KML hasnt lived up to your expectation
how is your career going?

Reaction Score
stop nitpicking... sorry KML hasnt lived up to your expectation
how is your career going?

Better than yours. Stop catching feelings like a little girl and quit telling people how to voice their opinions. Because you don't have that type of authority. And you Definately don't tell me wth to do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing, maybe @easttexastrash knows

I haven't heard details of the leg issues but IMO it seems to be bothering her quite a bit. I just don't see the same type of movement that I am accustomed to seeing from her and it seems to be impacting her on both ends of the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom