DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Phx vs Sea... 4th quarter 68-62 Phx 7:40 left

must be a dream for KML

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
78-73 Phx with about 3 minutes left... Seattle has the parts but the chemistry isnt there yet.

Reaction Score
Re. thread title, in Q3 they reviewed DT's loose ball foul to the mouth of KML for a possible flagrant, then decided it was just a common foul (DT's 4th). Stewie didn't do much in the forest half, but now playing like she wants to win.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Re. thread title, in Q3 they reviewed DT's loose ball foul to the mouth of KML for a possible flagrant, then decided it was just a common foul (DT's 4th). Stewie didn't do much in the forest half, but now playing like she wants to win.
I didnt even know the game was on til I saw a "tweet" by the WNBA posting the score

Reaction Score
Phoenix sorta "doing barely enough." Maybe it will be/maybe it won't

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow... Loyd heaved up a bank shot and it goes in 30pts for her Seattle up 1 under 3 seconds left

Reaction Score
People what is wrong with Phoenix? They played a good game. But protect your house.

Not to mention they were picked #1

Reaction Score
Speaking of KML, what's going on with Kaleena? She had a mediocre freshman year in the WNBA, and she's not off to a stellar start this year. She is a dead-eye outside shooter, but she's just not been doing it in the pros.

I don't get it. Does anyone know what's going on?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Seattle's big 3 - Bird, Stewie and Loyd -- all played big minutes -- around 35 minutes each and all played pretty well: Stewie with her double/double; Bird keeping everything right and tight; and Jewell just went off (FG-12/20, 3/5 threes), with this finish --

3:14 – Sinks a jumper from the elbow off an offensive rebound by Stewart. Mercury lead, 78-73.
2:39 – Takes the handoff from Bird and drives strong to the rim for the finish. Mercury lead, 78-75.
2:15 – Receives the look ahead pass from Bird out on the fastbreak and scores the layup. Mercury lead, 78-77.
0:49 – Gets the inbound pass in her own backcourt, careens off two screens and sinks the baseline jumper. Mercury lead, 80-79.
0:02.9 – Uses a multitude of crossovers, then hits the tough fadeaway off the glass right over the outstretched arm of Candice Dupreee. Storm lead, 81-80.
Final: Storm win, 81-80.

Here's the boxscore:
05/20/16: Seattle Storm @ Phoenix Mercury - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

KML played 21 minutes but wasn't on her game last night. Maybe it's taking a bit to get all the parts running on the same page.

Don't know why I hadn't noticed this before, but not surprising to see Jewell take the number of her idol, Kobe -- #24.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually thought KML had a decent game using her strength on both ends and making some nice passes. She got to camp a few days before the season started so had much less time and is just getting integrated into the team now. She looked much more comfortable in this game than in the first one.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I actually thought KML had a decent game using her strength on both ends and making some nice passes. She got to camp a few days before the season started so had much less time and is just getting integrated into the team now. She looked much more comfortable in this game than in the first one.

Thanks...Didn't see the first game so don't have that context. I'm sure they'll all got on the same page as the season goes on...a lot of top-flight, well-schooled talent on that team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree, very active

Reaction Score
Speaking of KML, what's going on with Kaleena? She had a mediocre freshman year in the WNBA, and she's not off to a stellar start this year. She is a dead-eye outside shooter, but she's just not been doing it in the pros.

I don't get it. Does anyone know what's going on?

Personally I don't think the coach is too interested in creating a situation where KML can contribute.

How in the blue moon do you not find a way for this sharp shooter to contribute?

And maybe the coach is and I am just flat out wrong and can't see it.

I hope her talent and skills don't just waste away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom