KLS vs. KML 3 pointers | The Boneyard

KLS vs. KML 3 pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Where does Katie Lou stand vs. Kaleena's 3 point stats at this point in their careers ? One of our resident stat geeks must have this info.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Compare in what sense? KML played four seasons and made 398 career treys at Uconn. KLS has played little more than one season thus far. Kaleena also surpassed 100 treys in her sophomore and senior seasons, whereas KLS will be hard-pressed to do it once.

I love KLS. She's tough,adorable, and destined to be a great a one when all is said and done. But KML was the truth and an absolute legend from distance.

If anyone wants specific numbers, ill happily provide some.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou will become a better overall player than Kaleena; however, nobody will ever have a smoother shot than Kaleena. Her shot was a masterpiece, a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
Where does Katie Lou stand vs. Kaleena's 3 point stats at this point in their careers ? One of our resident stat geeks must have this info.

In their 1st year + 4 games
KML shot 106-267 for 39.7%
Lou shot 94-229 for 41.05%

KML's 1st year she HAD to score more while Lou was left more open because her team was so superior.
By being 6'3 and more quicker and more athletic Lou will be able to get off more shots but over time it may be less 3's.

Lou is more of a weapon imo because mostly of her size. I don't know how you defend her to really affect her shot. A simple bump on a "not-so-good-pick" can get her enough room to shoot and she can hit shots with players close to her. Her height compared to an average-sized women's player and release are such an advantage.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
In their 1st year + 4 games
KML shot 106-267 for 39.7%
Lou shot 94-229 for 41.05%

I'll be the first to say I honestly didn't think KLS was so close thus far in her career in matching stats with the great KML. I just think we take KMLs entire 4 year stats into account when we compare and yes, KLS has a long way to go to catch up to the greatest 3 pt shooter the women's game has ever seen.

KLS is a triple threat....she can score inside, she definitely has proven she can score outside, and she can dance too! :p

Reaction Score
I'll be the first to say I honestly didn't think KLS was so close thus far in her career in matching stats with the great KML. I just think we take KMLs entire 4 year stats into account when we compare and yes, KLS has a long way to go to catch up to the greatest 3 pt shooter the women's game has ever seen.

KLS is a triple threat....she can score inside, she definitely has proven she can score outside, and she can dance too! :p
KML had an very underrated midrange and post up game.

Reaction Score
KML had an very underrated midrange and post up game.

I didn't think her post up game was underrated. I didn't think it was very good. Her mid range game depended on the defense. With all that said, for her career, her ability to shoot as well as she did and was such a threat as a scorer in terms of efficiency was unprecedented / legendary.

Reaction Score
I didn't think her post up game was underrated. I didn't think it was very good. Her mid range game depended on the defense. With all that said, for her career, her ability to shoot as well as she did and was such a threat as a scorer in terms of efficiency was unprecedented / legendary.
I disagree. I thought she could easily post up guards. Mid range was sweet. She was not a one trick pony.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I thought she had a good post-up game, but just didn't use it all that much. Or get a chance to use it, whatever.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I thought she could easily post up guards. Mid range was sweet. She was not a one trick pony.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. And as for one trick pony, it doesn't matter. If you are the greatest at something during your time and it is positive- that is something that should never be shied away from. She was awesome legendary in the 3pt arena as both a shooter and scorer throughout her career in terms of efficiency. So far for a career, she's the best I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that KML only made 66 threes as a junior because of games missed due to injury. So that record is very much in play at this pace.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
KLS beat KML records at Mater Dei - she has so far been a more accurate three point shooter but has taken few shots. That is likely to change this year as she will be depended on for more of the offensive output on this team. I will not be surprised if she does challenge that number, which I doubt will be more than a Uconn record by then.

Reaction Score
Interestingly , in their respective frosh year, KML shot 48.2% from inside the arc while KLS shot an amazing 69.0%. It will be an interesting coaching decision on whether to keep KLS looking for the long ball. While it opens up space for are uber-athletes(Gabby and Collier ) to work underneath, it also takes a big out of position for offensive rebounds , a statistically weak area for us thus far.

Reaction Score
KLS beat KML records at Mater Dei - she has so far been a more accurate three point shooter but has taken few shots. That is likely to change this year as she will be depended on for more of the offensive output on this team. I will not be surprised if she does challenge that number, which I doubt will be more than a Uconn record by then.
However, when we play in the AAC the defenders are not going to be what she has seen right now... She will be more open and better able to take the 3. During the conference games I would expect her to get 5 3's a game possibly...

Reaction Score
Interestingly , in their respective frosh year, KML shot 48.2% from inside the arc while KLS shot an amazing 69.0%. It will be an interesting coaching decision on whether to keep KLS looking for the long ball. While it opens up space for are uber-athletes(Gabby and Collier ) to work underneath, it also takes a big out of position for offensive rebounds , a statistically weak area for us thus far.

You can't use these numbers of 2pt % and draw a conclusion that she should take more 2's. . I'll bet you many of KLS's 2's came from fastbreak layups or easy shots off of 2's in the half-court sets because the others were doubled.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In their frosh years KML shot .384 and Lou shot .394 from three - and so far this year Lou is shooting .516 - she would have to be shooting over .750 on twos to match that three point effective scoring rate - and she isn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom