KLS is a top Shooting Guard | The Boneyard

KLS is a top Shooting Guard

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So, Kia is nominated for the top point guard award and Lou is nominated for the top shooting guard award. What's Crystal's award? Top wing? Top power forward?

KLS at shooting guard doesn't strike me as wildly wrong. What would you say her position is? Small forward?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
KLS at shooting guard doesn't strike me as wildly wrong. What would you say her position is? Small forward?

I think of Lou as more of a wing/small forward. I honestly don't care. I was just poking fun at how the starting point guard on the team -- and one of the top point guards in the country -- has been completely ignored.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, this is a two person race between KLS and Durr. The winner will be determined on Feb 12.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Same as KML - forward. That's the position they show her as when they show the starting line ups.

Gabby was put on the list for the top small forward award by Naismith - call the Cheryl Miller Small Forward Award. First year for the award. And Phee is up for the power forward award: 2018 Katrina McClain Award by Naismith .

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Gabby was put on the list for the top small forward award by Naismith - call the Cheryl Miller Small Forward Award. First year for the award. And Phee is up for the power forward award: 2018 Katrina McClain Award by Naismith .
So 4 of the 5 starters are up for Naismith awards? Is there a 6th person Naismith award for Z to be on?
And it is outrageous that Crystal is not on the appropriate(?) list!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
To me, this is a two person race between KLS and Durr. The winner will be determined on Feb 12.

Maybe Vivians still with an outside shot? That's another player that seems more SF than 2G, although for some teams those positions are fairly interchangeable. Wow, looking at that top 10 list, several of them are fairly meh. Ogunbowale might warrant some consideration, although she's pretty hot and cold.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe Vivians still with an outside shot? That's another player that seems more SF than 2G, although for some teams those positions are fairly interchangeable. Wow, looking at that top 10 list, several of them are fairly meh. Ogunbowale might warrant some consideration, although she's pretty hot and cold.
Yes, good point and I was debating on adding her. I saw her against Tenn and she was a BEAST in that game. I am glad she put her issues from last year behind her when Vic benched her.

Reaction Score
In old school terms I'd call her a shooting guard / small forward or a 2 or a 3. Nowadays I might call her a point forward, as her passing and setting up others has some point guards elements to it.
As is often started in both the women's and the men's game stated positions are or have become passé.
With their usual starting five they have two guards and three forwards and no center.
Regardless of what you call her position just call her AA.
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Think you have to put Vivians in contention also she might even be ahead of Durr. On the #2 team in the country shooting 53% and 40% on threes, averaging 5.8 rebounds.

Reaction Score
In old school terms I'd call her a shooting guard / small forward or a 2 or a 3. Nowadays I might call her a point forward, as her passing and setting up others has some point guards elements to it.
As is often started in both the women's and the men's game stated positions are or have become passé.
With their usual starting five they have two guards and three forwards and no center.
Regardless of what you call her position just call her AA.
Bronx23
KLS isn't a point forward. She may have flashes, but she's a small forward. Point forward that come to mind are Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Candace Parker and Ben Simmons. These players can all play PG and their "normal" position interchangeably.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
KLS isn't a point forward. She may have flashes, but she's a small forward. Point forward that come to mind are Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Candace Parker and Ben Simmons. These players can all play PG and their "normal" position interchangeably.
Magic was not a point forward, there was no such thing back in his day. Magic changed the PG position but he only played PG in college, HS with the Lakers and even on the Original Dream team.
Ben Simmons playing PG is because the Sixers caved and allowed him to do that and did not draft draft a real PG so as not to hurt his feelings.

Reaction Score
Magic was not a point forward, there was no such thing back in his day. Magic changed the PG position but he only played PG in college, HS with the Lakers and even on the Original Dream team.

He was rated the greatest NBA point guard of all time by ESPN in 2007.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Maybe Kia is just the best guard in the country. Statistically, she's the nation's best perimeter shooter and, arguably, she's also the nation's best perimeter defender (just ask Kit and Morgan). That's an amazingly diverse skill set.

Reaction Score
Marques Johnson (UCLA) was considered a point forward in the NBA. Maybe he was called that in retrospect. Best player ever to not make the Hall of Fame.

To clarify... Johnson claimed to have coined the term "point forward", a position he played out of necessity for part of one year in 1984 for the Milwaukee Bucks. The team was short on point guards that year due to injuries, so Don Nelson, coach and GM, had Johnson setup the offense from the forward position. Johnson was not truly considered a point forward by the NBA.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
To clarify... Johnson claimed to have coined the term "point forward", a position he played out of necessity for part of one year in 1984 for the Milwaukee Bucks. The team was short on point guards that year due to injuries, so Don Nelson, coach and GM, had Johnson setup the offense from the forward position. Johnson was not truly considered a point forward by the NBA.
OK, thanks.

Reaction Score
N0 problem @Gus Mahler. Marques was one of my favorite UCLA Bruins (although admittedly there have been numerous others as well). I began following him when he played for Crenshaw HS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom