KLS: I can push Geno's buttons | The Boneyard

KLS: I can push Geno's buttons

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
Sorry to step on Rocky's turf by creating this thread.

This article by Adamec on KLS is interesting for 2 reasons:

(1) It is the first time I've come across KLS's own comments on that infamous locker room incident when Geno admonished her for not having a heart.

(2) KLS claims she can push Geno's buttons now.

Going her own way

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great article. LOVE this kid. Love all the kids on the team, but some of them end up with special places in my heart. Loved this line:

"You hear him all the time, ‘I’m a California kid that’s sometimes too relaxed and lazy,’ ” Samuelson said. “But it’s been really good. I feel like I can push his buttons back now. When I was a freshman I would have never considered it. I was terrified. We have a good relationship and I understand how he has helped me get to a place where I didn’t think I could and I’m grateful for that."

She nailed it that most all freshmen are terrified of Geno. Then at some point, for most all of them, the light goes on and suddenly they begin to become the player Geno knew they could be. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she feels like she's "pushing his buttons back". That would be a hoot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sorry to step on Rocky's turf by creating this thread.

This article by Adamec on KLS is interesting for 2 reasons:

(1) It is the first time I've come across KLS's own comments on that infamous locker room incident when Geno admonished her for not having a heart.

(2) KLS claims she can push Geno's buttons now.

Going her own way

It is not my turf! I just stepped in to help out. The more the merrier. Now I'm going to go read the article.

“It was a good thing for me because it pushed me,” Katie Lou said. “I could always play against someone bigger, faster, stronger than me. They pushed me to be better and that brought out my competitive spirit.”

Yup, great find @Mister2

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
She can push his buttons but I guarantee that she knows where the line is that she better not cross. As legend has it, Geno didn't talk to Stewie for a couple of weeks during her senior year.

Reaction Score
What Lou says about being terrified as a freshman gets at the heart of the struggles we’ve seen from Megan et al. In time, they will get over it—as Lou did.
Yes they usually do!
But it's a process and each individual has a different reaction and time frame.
What I think sets KLS apart is her ability to remain being so focused on improving and still maintaining a playfulness and willingness to question authority.
She works so hard she's gained the coaches respect which enables her to push the envelope a bit, but she seems rarely if ever, to get carried away with it.
She's a very rare breed of the combination of personal characteristics and basketball knowledge and skills.
Bronx23

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the things that belies Lou’s smiling, easygoing nature is her tremendous competitive drive and toughness. She has played hurt, sick and while getting beaten up by opposing teams. We’re incredibly fortunate she’s a Husky.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So after the hurt of the heart thing in the locker room she has become stronger and can tell Geno:

Reaction Score
Another side of Lou

Just shows another side of what a balanced, focused, amazing woman she is becoming.
She surely made the right decision for herself in going to U Conn as evidenced by her growth in so many areas. Stanford of course, would have been a very solid decision but this young lady takes risks. But always does so in a respectful yet playful manner. The growth that comes from being able to do that is phenomenal. I not only love watching her play, but the manner in which she handles interviews and the press. I'm sure she's learned a great deal of this from being with and watching Kia and Gabby.
Now I'm hoping she leads the team to their 12th NC and the first she will be able to play in.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
One of the things that belies Lou’s smiling, easygoing nature is her tremendous competitive drive and toughness. She has played hurt, sick and while getting beaten up by opposing teams. We’re incredibly fortunate she’s a Husky.
Incredibly well said and with so few words. Always enjoy your posts old dude. With age hopefully comes wisdom and you sure have it.
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom