KLS and Lexi - Stanford Pre-game | The Boneyard

KLS and Lexi - Stanford Pre-game

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Geno Interview was incredible. So much meat to digest but one tidbit that I think is classic was this (around the 18 minute mark)

So Geno, did you feel Christyn was concerned that you recruited 4 guards the previous year?
Nah. I think she saw them play. Ouch.

He also explained how the Arkansas culture may be a little different (He may get some blowback) culminating with the following paraphrasing

Geno: So I told her (Christyn) that I will be back in a few weeks and she said Oke Dokee which just blew his mind.

Also, nice description of who he wants as players.

Confidence and a chip on their shoulder. " I dont give a _____ how many AA you have here, I am going to show them what I can do

Also, he was asked about the Collier reversal and I was surprised how salty and annoyed he was. I really think he put alot of stock thinking how Collier would have that one year of contact with Z which would have accelerated her improvement and given us a strong post presence for many years. It really is a good position for ONO to get her ready with a year of tutelage with Z.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno may have been a little annoyed over the Charli situation, but he doesn't like talking about kids he doesn't have or didn't get.

He mentioned that there is still one more recruit they are waiting to hear from; that would be Olivia.

Geno also mentioned that something could happen in the spring. I interpret that as Eziyoda. If we can get ONO and Ezi, that will blow people away. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Geno Interview was incredible. So much meat to digest but one tidbit that I think is classic was this (around the 18 minute mark)

So Geno, did you feel Christyn was concerned that you recruited 4 guards the previous year?
Nah. I think she saw them play. Ouch.

He also explained how the Arkansas culture may be a little different (He may get some blowback) culminating with the following paraphrasing

Geno: So I told her (Christyn) that I will be back in a few weeks and she said Oke Dokee which just blew his mind.

Also, nice description of who he wants as players.

Confidence and a chip on their shoulder. " I dont give a _____ how many AA you have here, I am going to show them what I can do

Also, he was asked about the Collier reversal and I was surprised how salty and annoyed he was. I really think he put alot of stock thinking how Collier would have that one year of contact with Z which would have accelerated her improvement and given us a strong post presence for many years. It really is a good position for ONO to get her ready with a year of tutelage with Z.
Yeah, I think we all heard and saw the salt on his lips. Still on mine a little. I mean, she needed to be close to her family, it was important to her, and that's what counts. That doesn't mean that every time we play Texas I'm not going to be just a little bit motivated to see a 30 point win. Just sayin'. I'm human too.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geno may have been a little annoyed over the Charli situation, but he doesn't like talking about kids he doesn't have or didn't get.

He mentioned that there is still one more recruit they are waiting to hear from; that would be Olivia.

Geno also mentioned that something could happen in the spring. I interpret that as Eziyoda. If we can get ONO and Ezi, that will blow people away. :D
Annoy, vex and disturb. If it does happen just watch the vitriol come from all corners of WBB.

And I'll love every bit of it.

Reaction Score
Annoy, vex and disturb. If it does happen just watch the vitriol come from all corners of WBB.

And I'll love every bit of it.
Geno has been doing this long enough and has lost enough he had bagged to be more philosophical in the loss of THAT Collier. In the past, and most assuredly in the future, he has and shall lay it to some of those teams that took a prize from him. EDD comes immediately to mind, but since his Jersey shore home was abutting EDD's dad\s it tempered . To me CC's inability to play against Z and learn from Z, Geno, Chris, Marisa is a tremendous loss for her and may have professional impact. Yet her loss is not OuR gain. Vitriol--is that the vitamin additive to my car's oil?? Like LUCY's vid-vig- vitimin juice.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Re Geno: They censored him early on, then missed -word later. Just let him talk. Please.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geno has been doing this long enough and has lost enough he had bagged to be more philosophical in the loss of THAT Collier. In the past, and most assuredly in the future, he has and shall lay it to some of those teams that took a prize from him. EDD comes immediately to mind, but since his Jersey shore home was abutting EDD's dad\s it tempered . To me CC's inability to play against Z and learn from Z, Geno, Chris, Marisa is a tremendous loss for her and may have professional impact. Yet her loss is not OuR gain. Vitriol--is that the vitamin additive to my car's oil?? Like LUCY's vid-vig- vitimin juice.
Indeed.

To quote one of my idols, although this triviality may not have quite have been his intent,

Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say, "Wait on time.”

So I say theirs may be the former, but do not let ours be the latter. That time is the worlds greatest thief is well documented. Let's not wait. Lets not steal up to them. Let this Husky team visit all these others teams right now. Not in silence, but loudly and for each and every one of them to hear, "Come get your butt whuppin".

Reaction Score
I really liked his comments on the need for tougher enforcement of overly physical play. Still remember Lou getting hit in the throat last year. If I recall, the refs were looking somewhere else. Can be such a beautiful game when played well.

Reaction Score
Indeed.

To quote one of my idols, although this triviality may not have quite have been his intent,

Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say, "Wait on time.”

So I say theirs may be the former, but do not let ours be the latter. That time is the worlds greatest thief is well documented. Let's not wait. Lets not steal up to them. Let this Husky team visit all these others teams right now. Not in silence, but loudly and for each and every one of them to hear, "Come get your butt whuppin".
\May I quote the ladder--LATTER==Paragraph. Time is our only non-spendable or barter-able quantity--not always well spent--but like the dollar sometimes not using it is helpful.
The middle paragraph --about the silent majority/minority--when one speaks up about those silent in some abuse or other--one could be accused of victimizing the victims--but your paragraph implies that those early victimized MUST speak loudly to protect potential future victims. Essentially if they don't speak they become enablers of the abuser.

JordyG

Reaction Score
\May I quote the ladder--LATTER==Paragraph. Time is our only non-spendable or barter-able quantity--not always well spent--but like the dollar sometimes not using it is helpful.
The middle paragraph --about the silent majority/minority--when one speaks up about those silent in some abuse or other--one could be accused of victimizing the victims--but your paragraph implies that those early victimized MUST speak loudly to protect potential future victims. Essentially if they don't speak they become enablers of the abuser.
To your former, our ideas are an equal commodity. So is grief which people will happily spend and share without thought of recompense.

And yes to your latter. The quote by the way is from Martin Luther King.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom