KK Ashlynn and Qadence in a year | The Boneyard

KK Ashlynn and Qadence in a year

Reaction Score
How will they evolve once the backcourt is theirs? KK the showboat, Ashlynn the glue, Qadence the silent assassin.

In 2024-25, they’ll have to fit themselves around Azzi and Caroline. Maybe Paige and Nika too.

KK will learn a ton about assists, about running a transition game, and playing in-your-face defense from Nika.

Ashlynn will learn what being the glue player means from Paige — about the way to use that deadly midrange game, about when to go for the jugular, about when dropping a dagger is most devastating.

Qadence, the least demonstrative of the trio, can learn a ton from Caroline about positioning, footwork, outlet passing off a rebound, blocking shots against quicker opponents, step-through layups, baseline floaters — and of course how to catch-and-shoot from 3.

This will be the best year for each of them, I predict. They won’t have the total pressure of an NC run on their shoulders, but will see plenty of opportunities to win some glory. And right behind them, the new freshmen, Allie and Morgan will get to learn from them.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see them in game action as freshman before I start to form an opinion on their sophomore year. Only then would it be pertinent to form an opinion on how they will transition into their roles during their sophomore season

Reaction Score
Here's someone that Qadence can learn from--Aubrey makes plays that no one else in the nation makes.

Aubrey’s highlights are the best. The steals, the transition, running the court like a gazelle. Watched a few of Qadence’s hs games and I didn’t see anything like that. Her coach mainly stationed her on the perimeter, and she helped out on the defensive boards. She occasionally drove the baseline too. That leads me to think Caroline is a closer role model for her. But if a little bit of Aubrey’s magic rubs off on her that would be wonderful.

In one of her press videos from earlier in the summer Qadence refers to herself as a shooting guard. I wonder if that’s what the coaches have said to her.

Reaction Score
How will they evolve once the backcourt is theirs? KK the showboat, Ashlynn the glue, Qadence the silent assassin.

In 2024-25, they’ll have to fit themselves around Azzi and Caroline. Maybe Paige and Nika too.

KK will learn a ton about assists, about running a transition game, and playing in-your-face defense from Nika.

Ashlynn will learn what being the glue player means from Paige — about the way to use that deadly midrange game, about when to go for the jugular, about when dropping a dagger is most devastating.

Qadence, the least demonstrative of the trio, can learn a ton from Caroline about positioning, footwork, outlet passing off a rebound, blocking shots against quicker opponents, step-through layups, baseline floaters — and of course how to catch-and-shoot from 3.

This will be the best year for each of them, I predict. They won’t have the total pressure of an NC run on their shoulders, but will see plenty of opportunities to win some glory. And right behind them, the new freshmen, Allie and Morgan will get to learn from them.
Well done. Showboat? When you got, isn't it right to Show it. DT is always my example --pride in your ability, confidence in how you do it.
Caroline--If there is one aspect (ok 2) of Carolines game it is the ability to score than NEEDED last second point. Now that is Confidence, knowledge of yourself and strong enough inner soul to want the ball then. I hope KK has that--I'd hope they ALL have that.--
And--Caroline has a 3 ball shot that isn't shoddy!! Did I mention, she rebounds? -You got me--I'm a Caroline fan.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Here's someone that Qadence can learn from--Aubrey makes plays that no one else in the nation makes.

this highlight tape reminds of aubrey's stupdendous potential. great defense and special offensive talents -- if she would only become consistent. she could be AA, on the uconn wall, and a great pro.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You've got to watch those quiet ones.......Maya Moore was quiet and unassuming. She could have the quietest 20 + point game of anyone. I like Qadence. I take her at her word. She said, "I can score." That's good enough for me. I believe her. :cool:

Reaction Score

Aubrey tends to be the forgotten one, probably more because of her back issues than anything else. Yes, she had improved her outside shooting. What makes her so dangerous is her ability to take over a game both on the defensive end (super versatile defender because of her athleticism) and the fast break and slashing. When U-Conn is healthy and running on all cylinders, Aubrey is the x factor.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The highlights from Aubrey...just show that there has never been anybody in a UConn jersey quite like her.
With much respect. Aubrey is fantastic she runs the floor and finishes the rim superbly. She makes stops and instantly gets on the offense. She guards 1 through 5. But to say there was no one like her is to forget the one called 'Gabulous'.

Reaction Score
With much respect. Aubrey is fantastic she runs the floor and finishes the rim superbly. She makes stops and instantly gets on the offense. She guards 1 through 5. But to say there was no one like her is to forget the one called 'Gabulous'.
When I first became a U-Conn fan, it was back in the Lobo days. Okay, so everyone was a Lobo fan. I liked many players after that, but my first superfandom must go to Miss Gabby.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

And our prognosticators are still excluding Inês in their discussions of the future backcourt. Why, I still wonder...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'd like to see them in game action as freshman before I start to form an opinion on their sophomore year. Only then would it be pertinent to form an opinion on how they will transition into their roles during their sophomore season
When has this ever stopped BY prognostication? It's what we do.

Reaction Score
And our prognosticators are still excluding Inês in their discussions of the future backcourt. Why, I still wonder...
Right you are! How do you see Inês developing a year from now?

I picture her as the alternate pg next to KK. She’s the better perimeter shooter and rebounder, and KK has the quicker feet and better drives down the lane. They’ll complement each other really well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02... It's fun to think about how these guys might develop. Of course we are focused on the upcoming season, and the more injuries/illnesses we have, the more important the other players become. Praying Jana is the ONLY one this season, and that not only do the guys coming back from major injuries come in at 100%, but the others with nagging procedures/injuries over the summer or past year as well. I'm specifically thinking of Amari and Ayanna, but really it could apply to almost the entire team not named Aaliyah. .

Having said that, I'm fascinated to see how they all play NOW. We've read Ashlynn may be the most college ready player UCONN has gotten in a long time, maybe ever. Qadence is a better shooter than I think any of us thought (at least me, for sure). KK is going to be a handful, and already has wicked ball handling skills.

We've read fairly consistent raves when we've seen comments from the coaches or other players about the newbies. What will they earn? What will be asked of them? What will be needed? Looking forward to seeing, for sure!

Reaction Score
Just my $.02... It's fun to think about how these guys might develop. Of course we are focused on the upcoming season, and the more injuries/illnesses we have, the more important the other players become. Praying Jana is the ONLY one this season, and that not only do the guys coming back from major injuries come in at 100%, but the others with nagging procedures/injuries over the summer or past year as well. I'm specifically thinking of Amari and Ayanna, but really it could apply to almost the entire team not named Aaliyah. .

Having said that, I'm fascinated to see how they all play NOW. We've read Ashlynn may be the most college ready player UCONN has gotten in a long time, maybe ever. Qadence is a better shooter than I think any of us thought (at least me, for sure). KK is going to be a handful, and already has wicked ball handling skills.

We've read fairly consistent raves when we've seen comments from the coaches or other players about the newbies. What will they earn? What will be asked of them? What will be needed? Looking forward to seeing, for sure!
Shade is not really close. The two most recent "more ready" players would be Bueckers and Fudd. And several prior to them. Moore, Taurasi, Stewart etc. just off the top and check out Nykesha Sales' freshman year in this link:

Reaction Score
Aubrey’s highlights are the best. The steals, the transition, running the court like a gazelle. Watched a few of Qadence’s hs games and I didn’t see anything like that. Her coach mainly stationed her on the perimeter, and she helped out on the defensive boards. She occasionally drove the baseline too. That leads me to think Caroline is a closer role model for her. But if a little bit of Aubrey’s magic rubs off on her that would be wonderful.

In one of her press videos from earlier in the summer Qadence refers to herself as a shooting guard. I wonder if that’s what the coaches have said to her.
I think this year Aubrey could be an AA. She is definitely capable and deserving. As Geno said with a twist, " if I had 5 Aubreys ,I would coach forever". This years team is going to create havoc in women's BB and definitely "be bad for basketball". GO HUSKIES!!!!

Carnac

Reaction Score

Excellent post Eric!!! I agree with everything said here. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Shade is not really close. The two most recent "more ready" players would be Bueckers and Fudd. And several prior to them. Moore, Taurasi, Stewart etc. just off the top and check out Nykesha Sales' freshman year in this link:

Nykeshia (precious) was "nice." ;)

Reaction Score
Agree with the comments that Aubrey's and Qadence's skill sets are different. Aubrey is a force of nature relative to her speed, quickness, etc. Qadence appears to have stronger shooting skills, but this is an educated guess and she will have to prove herself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom