KK Arnold came to UConn to learn from the best | The Boneyard

KK Arnold came to UConn to learn from the best

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
KK Arnold — the No. 6 prospect in the class of 2023 according to ESPN — is entering into her freshman year with an eye towards the future. Bueckers and Mühl could both be gone after this year (though both players have additional eligibility), which would mean the logjam at the point would quickly clear.

1691679548223.png

With Inês Bettencourt as the only ball-handler projected to be on the roster, Arnold appears to be in line to be UConn’s future floor general. So for now, she’s trying to soak up as much information as she can to prepare for that possibility.

Reaction Score
Yup. Smart young players know they need to learn something before they can realize their dreams. Also, there's something backwards about thinking because the backcourt is already great there's no point coming to Storrs. As KK says, she can learn from the best. But she can also maybe ride the train to an NC and see exactly what that looks like before she has to drive it herself.

I also think Inês will be an excellent partner for KK. We've all seen how much attention Inês has given to getting strong and tough. They'll be a pair of fierce strong guards. I predict that two years from now, when Inês is a senior, a four player platoon will share the duties at the 1 & 2 positions -- KK Inês Ashlynn and Allie, and there will be no fall off when one comes off the floor and another takes her place.

And don't get me started about how awesome it will be to have Caroline Qadence and Morgan sharing time at the 3 in 24-25. Since I went to a catholic school, I can't help thinking of it as sort of like an apostolic succession -- passing down the spirit from one to the next.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
KK has got to be fun to be around. She’s always
Upbeat, dancing, and smiling. I hope she can do the “Tallahassee two-step” on some of our more formidable opponents when the time comes. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom